Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What song instantly puts you in a good mood?
On This Day In History for April 5, 2023
This is the 95th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 270 days remaining in 2023.
- It was on this date in 1621, that The Mayflower set sail from Plymouth, Massachusetts on a return trip to England.
- On April 5, 1922, The American Birth Control League, forerunner of Planned Parenthood, was incorporated
- It was 72 years ago today, that Ethel and Julius Rosenberg were sentenced to death for spying for the Soviet Union
- Also on April 5, 1998, In Japan, the Akashi Kaikyō Bridge opened to traffic, becoming the longest bridge span in the world
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Italian mathematician, astronomer, and physicist, Vincenzo Viviani, born on this date in 1622.
- Jean Baptiste Seroux d’Agincourt, French archaeologist and historian was born on that same date in 1730.
- Joseph Lister, the English surgeon and academic was born 196 years ago today.
- Enrico Mazzanti, Italian engineer and cartoonist was born on that same date in 1850.
- Washington Atlee Burpee, the Canadian businessman, founded Burpee Seeds was born 165 years ago today.
- Born April 5, 1869, Russian physicist, mathematician, and engineer Sergey Chaplygin.
- Joseph Rheden, the Austrian astronomer was born 150 years ago today.
- British physicist Frederick Lindemann was born 137 years ago today.
- Lawrence Dale Bell, American industrialist and founder of Bell Aircraft Corporation was born on that same date in 1894.
- American actress, Bette Davis, born on this date in 1908.
- Antonio Ferri, Italian scientist was born on that same date in 1912.
- Also born on that same date in 1926, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter, Roger Corman.
- Donald Lynden-Bell, the English astrophysicist and astronomer was born 88 years ago today.
- Also turning 77 today is Uruguayan astronomer Julio Ángel Fernández.
- American engineer and astronaut, Judith Resnik was born 74 years ago today.
- American inventor and businessman, founded Segway Inc, Dean Kamen, born on this date in 1951.
- American actor, Mitch Pileggi is 71 today.
- Also turning 71 today is American author and editor John C. Dvorak.
- 5 – Chad Davis, Jon Issler (hsteckylf)
- 5 – Griffin Sylvester (Ildreancipher)
- 5 – Martine Tysmans – citytrips, traveling, jokes… (in Dutch)
- 5 – Ringmaster Greg from Dancing With Elephants
- 6 – Trevor Litecky (future Geek)
- 7 – P.C. Haring
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for April 5, 2023
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Astronomers Just Found a Radio Galaxy That Turned Into a Blazar
- Chernobyl Dogs Are Experiencing Rapid Evolution, Biologists Say
- Amazon just opened up its Sidewalk network for anyone to build connected gadgets on
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 8:00PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Martinez||Chris Mc|
|DanDMan Coyer||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen||Krazy Joe Adventures|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Brad Miller|
|Mike Wills||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche||Steve Cody|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Webb||Stewe Lundin||Tim Cook|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Kreg – Tetris – Apple+
- Chuck (in 5m or less)
- The Elephant Whisperers (Netflix)
- Minions: The Rise of Gru (Netflix)
- The Photographer of Mauthausen (Netflix)
- Darkest Hour (Netflix)
- The Highwaymen (Netflix)
- The Chronicles of Riddick (Netflix)
- I See You (Netflix)
- The Chosen (S1 & S2) – Amazon
Question of the week:
- What’s the first sign that a movie is going to be bad?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five