Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- It is TECHNORAMA INTERNATIONAL VOICEMAIL MONTH in November!
- Call or Text us!
- QOTW: What’s a movie that bombed at the box office but was actually good?
- Voicemail from Krazy Joe
On This Day In History for November 2, 2022
This is the 306th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 59 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1868, that New Zealand officially adopted a standard time to be observed nationally
- On November 2, 1920, In the United States, KDKA of Pittsburgh started broadcasting as the first commercial radio station. The first broadcast is the result of the 1920 United States presidential election
- 86 years ago today, The British Broadcasting Corporation initiated the BBC Television Service, the world’s first regular, “high-definition” (then defined as at least 200 lines) service. Renamed BBC1 in 1964, the channel still runs to this day
- It was also this date in 1947 that In California, designer Howard Hughes performed the maiden (and only) flight of the Hughes H-4 Hercules (also known as the “Spruce Goose”), the largest fixed-wing aircraft ever built
- That same date in 1959, The first section of the M1 motorway, the first inter-urban motorway in the United Kingdom, was opened between the present junctions 5 and 18, along with the M10 motorway and M45 motorway
- Also on November 2, 1960, Penguin Books was found not guilty of obscenity in the trial R v Penguin Books Ltd, the Lady Chatterley’s Lover case
- On November 2, 1988, The Morris worm, the first Internet-distributed computer worm to gain significant mainstream media attention, was launched from MIT
- Expedition 1 arrived at the International Space Station for the first long-duration stay onboard. From this day to present, a continuous human presence in space on the station remains uninterrupted on this date in 2000
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- American hunter and explorer, Daniel Boone, born on this date in 1734.
- Austrian-French queen consort of Louis XVI of France, Marie Antoinette was born 267 years ago today.
- Born November 2, 1815, English mathematician and philosopher George Boole.
- American inventor, John J. Loud, born on this date in 1844.
- Harlow Shapley, the American astronomer and academic was born 137 years ago today.
- Born November 2, 1894, German-American aerodynamicist and engineer Alexander Lippisch.
- Raphael M. Robinson, the American mathematician, philosopher, and theorist was born 111 years ago today.
- Ray Walston, American actor was born on that same date in 1914.
- American engineer and businessman, founded the Bose Corporation, Amar Bose, born on this date in 1929.
- Canadian physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Richard E. Taylor was born 93 years ago today.
- 2 – Mark McCoy
- 3 – Ken Pace
- 3 – Craig Glassner (aka Ranger Craig)
- 4 – Avner (OMG, its 2014 – I’m 40 already)
- 5 – Michael Corlett (from New Zealand)
- 8 – John Clifford
- 8 – Mark, the Encaffeinated ONE, host of The Weird Show
- 8 – OnTheDrift
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 2, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Gigantic, 70-Foot Nuclear Fusion Gun Could Change the World
- NASA Snaps Portrait of Sun ‘Smiling’ Like a Big Fiery Goof – CNET
- Redditor acquires decommissioned Netflix cache server with 262TB of storage | Ars Technica
Hacks & Strange Stories
- World’s Fastest Shoes Promise to Increase Walking Speed by 250%
- The CIA wants to bring woolly mammoths back from extinction | Live Science
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Martinez||Chris Mc|
|DanDMan Coyer||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen||Krazy Joe Adventures|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Paul Maki||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin||Tim Cook|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Kreg: Black Adam – Theaters
- Chuck: The Lincoln Lawyer – Netflix
- Kreg: Gremlins – HBOMax
- Chuck: Introduced Julie & Wil to “Office Space”
- Kreg: Beetlejuice- HBOMax
- Chuck: Home Game – Netflix
- Kreg: Quantum Leap – Peacock
- Kreg: Tales of the Jedi – D+
- Chuck and Kreg discuss what’s new on Disney+
- Human-powered car can go up to 30mph and doesn’t need fuel
- It looks like plastic, feels like plastic, but it isn’t.
Question of the week:
- What fictional character can be identified by one quote?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show cn be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five