Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What fictional character can be identified by one quote?
- Voicemail from??
- Technorama on Facebook
On This Day In History for November 9, 2022
This is the 313rd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 52 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1620, that Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower sight land at Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Also on November 9, 1906, Theodore Roosevelt was the first sitting President of the United States to make an official trip outside the country. He did so to inspect progress on the Panama Canal
- Also today in 1960, Robert McNamara was named president of Ford Motor Company, the first non-Ford to serve in that post. A month later, he resigned to join the administration of newly elected John F. Kennedy
- 55 years ago today, NASA launched the unmanned Apollo 4 test spacecraft, atop the first Saturn V rocket, from Florida’s Cape Kennedy
- Also today in 1979, The NORAD computers and the Alternate National Military Command Center in Fort Ritchie, Maryland detected purported massive Soviet nuclear strike. After reviewing the raw data from satellites and checking the early-warning radars, the alert was canceled
- 37 years ago today, Garry Kasparov, 22, of the Soviet Union became the youngest World Chess Champion by beating fellow Soviet Anatoly Karpov
- It was also this date in 1994 that The chemical element darmstadtium was discovered
- It was 18 years ago today that Firefox 1.0 was released.
- It was also this date in 2005 that The Venus Express mission of the European Space Agency was launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Dutch physician and poet, Johannes Narssius, born on this date in 1580.
- Gail Borden, American surveyor and publisher, invented condensed milk and was born on that same date in 1801.
- Born November 9, 1880, English architect, designed the red telephone box Giles Gilbert Scott.
- Theodor Kaluza, German mathematician and physicist was born on that same date in 1885.
- German mathematician, physicist, and philosopher, Hermann Weyl, born on this date in 1885.
- Arthur Rudolph, the German scientist and engineer was born 116 years ago today.
- Hedy Lamarr, Austrian-American actress and inventor was born on that same date in 1914.
- Born November 9, 1934, American astronomer, astrophysicist, and cosmologist Carl Sagan.
- Also born on that same date in 1951, American bodybuilder and actor, Lou Ferrigno.
- Also turning 58 today is American actor, director, and producer Robert Duncan McNeill.
- 10 – John Noble from the Island
- 13 – Pippa (London UK)
- 13 – Jennifer Therrien (Canada)
- 15 – Jackie Breller (Krazy Joe & Christine’s daughter)
- 15 – Chuck Jolley aka nitestarr – (Horn Lake, MS)
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 9, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Engineered ‘Superplant’ Cleans Indoor Air Like 30 Regular Plants
- This Single Blood Test Can Detect Multiple Kinds of Cancer Early
- First galaxy neutrinos discovered by Antarctica observatory
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Martinez||Chris Mc|
|DanDMan Coyer||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen||Krazy Joe Adventures|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Paul Maki||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin||Tim Cook|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: Cabinet of Curiosities – Netflix
- Kreg: Weird: The Al Yankovic Story – Roku
- Chuck & Kreg: Enola Holmes 2 – Netflix
- Making a 3000 lbs. sarcophagus for a bag flaming hot cheetos and burying it for future civilizations to find (reddit.com)
Question of the week
- What are the books every person should read at least once?
Patreon Topic this week
- When Did I Learn That? (and why don’t other people know it)?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five