Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Mike Robison
- Krazy Joe
- QOTW: What older classic horror movie would you recommend?
On This Day in History for October 19, 2022
This is the 292nd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 73 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1386, that The Universität Heidelberg held its first lecture, making it the oldest German university
- Also on October 19, 1900, Max Planck discovered Planck’s law of black-body radiation
- October 19, 1943, Streptomycin, the first antibiotic remedy for tuberculosis, was isolated by researchers at Rutgers University
- That same date in 1987, Black Monday: The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell by 22%, 508 points
- Mother Teresa was beatified by Pope John Paul II on this date in 2003
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Italian astrologer and philosopher, Marsilio Ficino, born on this date in 1433.
- Born October 19, 1885, American banker and philanthropist, co-founded Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Charles E. Merrill.
- Marguerite Perey, the French physicist and academic was born 113 years ago today.
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, Indian-American astrophysicist, astronomer, and mathematician, Nobel Prize laureate was born on that same date in 1910.
- Born October 19, 1916, French-Spanish immunologist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate Jean Dausset.
- Sharadchandra Shankar Shrikhande, the Indian mathematician was born 105 years ago today.
- Austrian-American oceanographer, author, and academic, Walter Munk, born on this date in 1917.
- American animator, producer, and voice actor, co-founded the Filmation Company, Lou Scheimer was born 94 years ago today.
- Robert Reed, the American actor was born 90 years ago today.
- American actor, John Lithgow, born on this date in 1945.
- Also born on that same date in 1951, Greek mathematician and physicist, Demetrios Christodoulou.
- 19 – Russell Pearson (Ninereeds)
- 20 – Mike from near Des Moines, Iowa
- 21 – Daniel Ebdrup Jensen (D. Ebdrup)
- 21 – Justin Diehl (nulloperations)
- 22 – Zach – zml2008
- 22 – Cassandra Therrien (Canada)
- 25 – Mad Marv – spelled “K – Y – L – E” but pronounced “Marv”. Hope that helps
- 25 – HMNSHLD
- 25 – BritOnTour (Jason)
- 25 – Scott (Minneapolis)
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for October 19, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Meta announces legs
- Huge Ocean Beneath the Earth’s Surface Discovered By Scientists
- Artificial intelligence could soon diagnose illness based on the sound of your voice
- Electric vehicles could be charged within 5 minutes thanks to tech developed by NASA for use in space
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Martinez||Chris Mc|
|DanDMan Coyer||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen||Krazy Joe Adventures|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Paul Maki||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin||Tim Cook|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: Human Playground – Netflix
- Chuck: I’m a Killer (S1-3) – Netflix
- Chuck: Rings of Power – Amazon
- Kreg: Werewolf by Night – Disney+
- Kreg: She-Hulk – Disney+
- Sharpest Earth-Based Images of Jupiter’s Moons Europa and Ganymede Reveal Their Icy Landscape
- The Cerebellum Has a Function We Didn’t Even Know About, New Research Reveals
Question of the week:
- What’s a movie that bombed at the box office but was actually good?
Patreon Topic this week
- Chuck’s new toy will be here Monday (review on the next show)
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five