Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: In 50 years what will we be nostalgic for?
- Email from Stewe
- Trogdor!! The Board Game – YouTube
On This Day In History for October 5, 2022
This is the 278th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 87 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1905, that The Wright brothers piloted the Wright Flyer III in a new world record flight of 24 miles in 39 minutes
- On October 5, 1921, The World Series was first broadcast on radio
- It was also this date in 1947 that President Truman made the first televised Oval Office address.
- 60 years ago today, The first of the James Bond film series, based on the novels by Ian Fleming, Dr. No, was released in Britain.
- It was 56 years ago today, that A reactor at the Enrico Fermi Nuclear Generating Station near Detroit suffered a partial meltdown
- October 5, 1970, The Public Broadcasting Service (PBS) was founded
- That same date in 1982, Tylenol products were recalled after bottles in Chicago laced with cyanide cause seven deaths
- It was 11 years ago today that Apple co-founder and CEO, Steve Jobs, passed away.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Czech mathematician and philosopher, Bernard Bolzano, born on this date in 1781.
- French director and producer, Louis Lumière was born 158 years ago today.
- American physicist, engineer, and academic, Robert H. Goddard, born on this date in 1882.
- Born October 5, 1892, American zoologist and paleontologist Remington Kellogg.
- Elda Anderson, American physicist and health researcher was born on that same date in 1899.
- Ray Kroc, the American businessman and philanthropist was born 120 years ago today.
- Allen Ludden, American television personality and game show host was born on that same date in 1917.
- Born October 5, 1922, American cartoonist Bil Keane.
- Richard F. Gordon Jr., American captain, pilot, and astronaut was born on that same date in 1929.
- Pavel Popovich, the Ukrainian general, pilot, and astronaut was born 92 years ago today.
- Dutch physician and astronaut, André Kuipers is 64 today.
- Also turning 64 today is American astrophysicist, cosmologist, and author Neil deGrasse Tyson.
- American physicist, cosmologist, and academic, Sean M. Carroll, born on this date in 1966.
- Canadian-American television host and producer, Morgan Webb is 44 today.
- 6 – John Deurholt (Jo Dho)
- 9 – Itsuko Rumpke (sounds like IT SUE-Koe)
- 9 – Mario (New Jersey)
- 10 – Victor Cajiao
- 10 – Garrett Riffal
- 11 – Bruce Barr
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for October 5, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- China has returned helium-3 from the moon, opening door to future technology
- Fascinating Study Gives a Unique Glimpse Into How Dogs See The World
- DeForrest Kelly is going to space
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Martinez||Chris Mc|
|DanDMan Coyer||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen||Krazy Joe Adventures|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Paul Maki||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin||Tim Cook|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Kreg: Dracula (Radio Production) – Hendersonville Theater, NC
- Kreg: The Munsters – Netflix
- Kreg: Patton Oswalt: We All Scream – Netflix
- Chuck: Mission: Impossible – Fallout – Paramount +
- Chuck: Uncharted – Netflix
Question of the week:
- Which TV series has aged like milk?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five