Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What’s something that’s always wrongly depicted in movies and tv shows?
ЁDᎠ- Yȯur caṙd wаs յưst trieď аt МcḊonalds fοr $20.11 νίsit [link] iḟ tẖat ẉas not yọu
Email from Stewe Lundin
A few episodes ago, e678, the “question of the Week” was:
What’s your “comfort series” that you watch over and over again?
I state that I have to evaluate GoT a bit before it ended up on that list, and now I have. Covid gave me that time…And it does 🙂
But with that I also have to revisit last question as well, e780:
What is the saddest on screen death of all time?
It has to be Hodor’s death together with Wash, all others are pale compared to them…In all haste.
Email From Fritz From Germany
On This Day In History for August 3, 2022
This is the 215th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 150 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1492, that Christopher Columbus set sail from Palos de la Frontera, Spain
- 495 years ago today, The first known letter from North America was sent by John Rut while at St. John’s, Newfoundland
- It was on this date in 1678, that Robert LaSalle built the Le Griffon, the first known ship built on the Great Lakes
- That same date in 1859, The American Dental Association was founded in Niagara Falls, New York
- The Firestone Tire and Rubber Company was founded on this date in 1900
- That same date in 1958, The world’s first nuclear submarine, the USS Nautilus, became the first vessel to complete a submerged transit of the geographical North Pole
- On August 3, 1977, Tandy Corporation announced the TRS-80, one of the world’s first mass-produced personal computers
- 25 years ago today, The tallest free-standing structure in the Southern Hemisphere, Sky Tower in downtown Auckland, New Zealand, opened after two-and-a-half years of construction.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- American businessman, founded the Otis Elevator Company, Elisha Otis, born on this date in 1811.
- John T. Scopes, American educator was born on that same date in 1900.
- American chemist and theorist, Sidney Gottlieb was born 104 years ago today.
- American singer and actor, Tony Bennett, born on this date in 1926.
- Born August 3, 1935, Ukrainian-Russian general, pilot, and astronaut Georgy Shonin.
- Also born on that same date in 1941, American businesswoman, publisher, and author, founded Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Martha Stewart.
- Also turning 72 today is American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter John Landis.
- Also born on that same date in 1951, American actor, Jay North.
- Japanese chemist and engineer, Nobel Prize laureate, Koichi Tanaka, born on this date in 1959.
- 4 – Clark & Diana (Awesome people and the kids of Gary from Jacksonville)
- 6 – Fritz The German
- 6 – Julie Tomasi
- 8 – Philippa Ballantine
- 9 – Matt Coe (WoWaddict) 
- 9 – Julia Posz – (Technorama Promo)
- George Jetson on July 31
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for August 3, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Nichelle Nichols
- US regulators will certify first small nuclear reactor design
- Free AI tool restores old photos by creating slightly new loved ones
- Eric Schmidt Thinks AI Is As Powerful As Nukes
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Martinez||Chris Mc|
|DanDMan Coyer||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen||Krazy Joe Adventures|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche||Steve Therrien|
|Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin||Tim Cook|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Kreg: The Man From Toronto – Netflix
- Kreg: Shout out to The Orville
- Chuck: Office Space and Shawn of the Dead rewatch
- Chuck: Resident Evil 2022 – Netflix
- Chuck: Great Greek Myths (S2 – The Iliad) – Amazon
Question of the week:
- What is something younger people may not know about the early days of the Internet?
Patreon Topic this week
- Of light bulbs and living wills
- I may be starting another podcast…
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five