Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Voice mail: Fritz from Germany
- Email: Kyle
re: Comfort shows. I don’t watch TV anymore but I play podcasts and audiobooks in the background around the house. My current favorite genre is LitRPG and I listen to these series when I just need to decompress. Noobtown by Ryan Rimmel, The Completionist Chronicles by Dakota Krout and Chaos Seeds by Aleron Kong.
Kreg, congratz on getting a Quest! I played Vader Immortal when I first got the Quest. Those cinematic cutscenes feel much different from a movie don’t they? Vader can only get so close to you on the big screen but you end up eye-to-eye with him in VR. Anyway the way I heard it was that Vader Immortal series is really about the light saber dojo and the storyline was bolted on after the game was built.
On This Day In History for July 27, 2022
This is the 208th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 157 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1866, that The first permanent transatlantic telegraph cable was successfully completed, stretching from Valentia Island, Ireland, to Heart’s Content, Newfoundland
- Also today in 1921, Researchers at the University of Toronto, led by biochemist Frederick Banting, proved that the hormone insulin regulates blood sugar
- 82 years ago today, The animated short A Wild Hare was released, introducing the character of Bugs Bunny
- Initial flight of the de Havilland Comet, the first jet-powered airliner on this date in 1949
- Also on July 27, 2005, After an incident during STS-114, NASA grounded the Space Shuttle, pending an investigation of the continuing problem with the shedding of foam insulation from the external fuel tank
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Swiss mathematician and academic, Johann Bernoulli, born on this date in 1667.
- English surveyor and astronomer, Jeremiah Dixon was born 289 years ago today.
- Hans Fischer, German chemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate was born on that same date in 1881.
- English pilot and engineer, founded the de Havilland Aircraft Company, Geoffrey de Havilland was born 140 years ago today.
- American radio engineer and inventor, Benjamin Miessner, born on this date in 1890.
- American game designer, co-created Dungeons & Dragons, Gary Gygax was born 84 years ago today.
- Malaysian surgeon and astronaut, Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor, born on this date in 1972.
- Also turning 46 today is English computer scientist and academic Demis Hassabis.
- 27 – Wife of Will The Computer Guy
- 29 – Shaun Farrell, host of the Adventures in Scifi Publishing podcast
- 29 – John Kratzer
- 30 – Brian Hunt aka Zaphodbblx
- 31 – Wedding Anniversary of Will The Computer Guy (2007, 9 years)
- 31 – Denise Inglis
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for July 27, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- The James Webb Space Telescope May Have Already Found The Oldest Galaxy Ever Seen
- The Lego Atari 2600 has been officially announced for Atari’s 50th anniversary – Rotten Usagi
- Record-setting quantum entanglement connects two atoms across 20 miles
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Martinez||Chris Mc|
|DanDMan Coyer||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen||Krazy Joe Adventures|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche||Steve Therrien|
|Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin||Tim Cook|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Kreg: Hustle – Netflix
- Chuck: Great Greek Myths – Amazon
- Chuck: Alias – Hulu
Question of the week:
- What’s something that’s always wrongly depicted in movies and tv shows?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five