Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Question of the Week: What’s your “comfort series” that you watch over and over again?
On This Day In History for July 6, 2022
This is the 187th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 178 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1484, that Portuguese sea captain Diogo Cão found the mouth of the Congo River
- July 6, 1536, The explorer Jacques Cartier landed at St. Malo at the end of his second expedition to North America. He returned with none of the gold he expected to find.
- That same date in 1885, Louis Pasteur successfully tested his vaccine against rabies on Joseph Meister, a boy who was bitten by a rabid dog
- The British dirigible R34 landed in New York, completing the first crossing of the Atlantic Ocean by an airship on this date in 1919
- It was on this date in 1942, that Anne Frank and her family went into hiding in the “Secret Annexe” above her father’s office in an Amsterdam warehouse
- 78 years ago today, Jackie Robinson refused to move to the back of a bus, leading to a court-martial
- Also today in 1957, John Lennon and Paul McCartney met for the first time, as teenagers at Woolton Fete, three years before forming the Beatles.
- 60 years ago today, As a part of Operation Plowshare, the Sedan nuclear test took place
- Also on July 6, 1990, The Electronic Frontier Foundation was founded
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Italian mathematician and architect, Antonio Manetti, born on this date in 1423.
- Born July 6, 1916, American animator, cartoonist, illustrator, writer and inventor Don R. Christensen.
- Bill Haley, American singer-songwriter and guitarist was born on that same date in 1925.
- American actor, singer, and producer, created Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!, Merv Griffin, born on this date in 1925.
- Born July 6, 1927, American actress and author Janet Leigh.
- Ned Beatty, the American actor was born 85 years ago today.
- American actor, director, and screenwriter, Sylvester Stallone is 76 today.
- Also turning 76 today is American businessman and politician, 43rd President of the United States George W. Bush.
- 6 – Peter(1982, Sweden)
- 8 – Trampas Whiteman (aka Dragonhelm)
- 8 – Mark Lee (aka geekdad72) Stardate -351519.09
- 8 – Alan Ralph (a.k.a. Spiffy)
- 8 – Kim Eaddy – Kreg’s Wife
- 10 – KHD a.k.a. The Devin
- 11 – Steven Truax (rednecktech)
- 12 – Shadowbird712 of Shadowbird Studios (http://shadowbirdsrandomcrap.blogspot.com/) (Sorry for the cheap plug, y’all)
- 12 – François Pominville nickname: Bookaroo (Year: 11110110001, Canada)
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for July 6, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Harvard Developed AI Identifies the Shortest Path to Human Happiness
- Teen Photographer Captures Incredible Moon Photo with His Phone
- New algorithm can predict future crime a week in advance, with 90% accuracy
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
- Atari Turns 50: A Look Back on the Original Name in Video Games
- How the Higgs Boson Particle Ruined Peter Higgs’s Life – Slashdot
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Tim Cook||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: Interceptor – Netflix
- Chuck: Omniscient – Netflix
- Kreg: Lightyear – Theater
- Kreg: Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe – Paramount+
- Doug Drexler’s wife, Dorothy Duder, lost her battle with Cancer on July 1
- Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti posted this picture from the ISS
Question of the week:
- Which 25+ year old video game has aged the best?
Patreon Topic this week
- Note taking apps
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five