Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: Should Smart devices and AI have a duty to report on you? If so, what things should they report on?
On This Day In History for June 29, 2022
This is the 180th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 185 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1613, that the Globe Theatre in London, built by William Shakespeare’s playing company (the Lord Chamberlain’s Men) burned to the ground.
- George Edward Gouraud recorded Handel’s Israel in Egypt onto a phonograph cylinder, thought for many years to be the oldest known recording of music on this date in 1888
- That same date in 1927, The Bird of Paradise, a U.S. Army Air Corps Fokker tri-motor, completed the first transpacific flight, from the mainland United States to Hawaii
- Space Shuttle program: STS-71 Mission (Atlantis) docked with the Russian space station Mir for the first time. on this date in 1995
- Also today in 2007, Apple Inc. released its first mobile phone, the iPhone.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Italian astronomer and academic, Angelo Secchi, born on this date in 1818.
- George Washington Goethals, the American general and engineer, co-designed the Panama Canal was born 164 years ago today.
- William James Mayo, American physician and surgeon, co-founded the Mayo Clinic was born on that same date in 1861.
- George Ellery Hale, the American astronomer and journalist was born 154 years ago today.
- Born June 29, 1903, English engineer, developed the H2S radar Alan Blumlein.
- Polish mathematician, Witold Hurewicz, born on this date in 1904.
- Born June 29, 1914, Greek-American mathematician and academic Christos Papakyriakopoulos.
- Also born on that same date in 1944, American actor, Gary Busey.
- Also turning 67 today is American colonel, pilot, and astronaut Charles J. Precourt.
- English physicist and academic, Terry Wyatt, born on this date in 1957.
- Also born on that same date in 1962, American colonel, pilot, and astronaut, George D. Zamka.
- June 30 – Alexis Duran (ADdude)
- July 4 – Mike McBride
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for June 29, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Chuck thoughts on
- New phone
- Pool monitoring system
- Kreg’s Toy
- Buzz Lightyear has really flown in space and here’s the video | Space
- Amazon announces its first fully autonomous mobile warehouse robot
- Physicists Say They’ve Built an Atom Laser That Can Run ‘Forever’
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
- A Macintosh History (1986)
- The Watch For Which James Bond Gave Up His Rolex: The SEIKO TV Watch — sabukaru
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Tim Cook||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: Interceptor – Netflix
- Chuck: Omniscient – Netflix
- Kreg: Lightyear – Theater
- Kreg: Beavis and Butthead Do the Universe – Paramount+
- Meta shows off its $10 billion VR investment
- 50 Years of Text Games: From Oregon Trail to A.I. Dungeon by Aaron A. Reed — Kickstarter
Question of the week:
- What’s your “comfort series” that you watch over and over again?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five