Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What movies haven’t aged well?
On This Day In History for April 20, 2022
This is the 110th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 255 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1496, that After his return from the New World Christopher Columbus entered the court of his sponsors King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. For more than an hour, the sovereigns besieged the seaman with questions.
- Also on April 20, 1534, Jacques Cartier began his first voyage to what is today the east coast of Canada, Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Also today in 1535, The sun dog phenomenon was observed over Stockholm, as later depicted in the famous painting Vädersolstavlan
- It was 160 years ago today, that Louis Pasteur and Claude Bernard completed the experiment disproving the theory of spontaneous generation
- On April 20, 1865, Astronomer Angelo Secchi demonstrated the Secchi disk, which measures water clarity, aboard Pope Pius IX’s yacht, the L’Immaculata Concezion
- Pierre and Marie Curie refined radium chloride on this date in 1902
- Also today in 1972, Apollo 16 lunar module, commanded by John Young and piloted by Charles Duke, landed on the moon
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- German-American mechanic and engineer, Heinrich Göbel, born on this date in 1818.
- Born April 20, 1918, Swedish physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate Kai Siegbahn.
- American nun and broadcaster, founded Eternal Word Television Network, Mother Angelica was born 99 years ago today.
- Born April 20, 1923, American drummer and producer Tito Puente.
- American actor, George Takei, born on this date in 1937.
- Also born on that same date in 1964, American actor, Crispin Glover.
- Also turning 58 today is English actor and director Andy Serkis.
- 21 – Kim and Kreg’s Anniversary
- 26 – Stewe Lundin – Sweden
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for April 20, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
Hacks & Strange Stories
- Electric Chopsticks Make Food Taste More Salty (gizmodo.com)
- RSS Printer Gives You The Hard Copy News You Desire | Hackaday
- What Chinese scientists learned by teaching two monkeys to play Pac-Man
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Tim Cook||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: Jimmy Savile: A British Horror Story (Netflix)
- Chuck: Our Great National Parks: Limited Series: “A World of Wonder” (Netflix)
- Kreg: Red – HBOMax (2010)
- Kreg: Schitts Creek
Question of the week:
- What’s the most ridiculous thing you saw a computer illiterate person do with a computer?
Patreon Topic this week
- Guess What? If you guessed Starlink, you are right.
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can also find us on Spotify and Radio Public, Google Podcast, etc.
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five