Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What villain can you just not hate?
On This Day In History for April 13, 2022
This is the 103rd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 262 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1870, that The New York City Metropolitan Museum of Art was founded
- April 13, 1953, CIA director Allen Dulles launched the mind-control program Project MKUltra
- The United States launched Transit 1 -B, the world’s first satellite navigation system on this date in 1960
- It was also this date in 1970 that An oxygen tank aboard the Apollo 13 Service Module exploded, putting the crew in great danger and causing major damage to the Apollo command and service module (codenamed “Odyssey”) while en route to the Moon
- On April 13, 1976, The United States Treasury Department reintroduced the two-dollar bill as a Federal Reserve Note on Thomas Jefferson’s 233rd birthday as part of the United States Bicentennial celebration
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- English soldier, member of the Gunpowder Plot (probable; d. 1606), Guy Fawkes, born on this date in 1570.
- Thomas Jefferson, American lawyer and politician, 3rd President of the United States was born on that same date in 1743.
- Cornish-English engineer and explorer, Richard Trevithick, born on this date in 1771.
- Irish engineer, invented the Screw-pile lighthouse, Alexander Mitchell was born 242 years ago today.
- Arthur Matthew Weld Downing, Irish astronomer was born on that same date in 1850.
- American businessman, founded the F. W. Woolworth Company, Frank Winfield Woolworth was born 170 years ago today.
- American criminal, Butch Cassidy, born on this date in 1866.
- Born April 13, 1879, American type designer, lettering artist, graphic designer, and educator Oswald Bruce Cooper.
- Scottish engineer, invented Radar, Robert Watson-Watt was born 130 years ago today.
- Born April 13, 1899, American architect and game designer, created Scrabble, Alfred Mosher Butts.
- American businessman, founded Atlantic Richfield Oil Co., Robert Orville Anderson, born on this date in 1917.
- American geneticist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Michael Stuart Brown is 81 today.
- Also born on that same date in 1949, New Zealand-English mathematician and statistician, Len Cook.
- American actor, Ron Perlman, born on this date in 1950.
- Also turning 59 today is Russian chess player and author Garry Kasparov.
- 14 – Danny Harnish
- 16 – Donna Tomasi
- 18 – Skaifey (Anthony)
- 19 – Amanda (SusietheGeek’s daughter & Geek in Training)
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for April 13, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Fossil of Dinosaur Killed on Day of Asteroid Strike Discovered – IGN
- A Powerful ‘Space Laser’ Has Been Detected Beaming From Deep Space
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
- Creating the Commodore 64: The Engineers’ Story – IEEE Spectrum
- Channel 2 goes to color for first time – YouTube
- COMPUTERS ~ THE INCREDIBLE MACHINE (1960s)
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: Bathtubs on Broadway (Netflix)
- Kreg: All the old knives (Prime)
Question of the week:
- What movies haven’t aged well?
Patreon Topic this week
- Is Amazon eco-friendly?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening