Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What is so ancient only an Internet veteran can remember?
On This Day In History for April 6, 2022
This is the 96th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 269 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1652, that At the Cape of Good Hope, Dutch sailor Jan van Riebeeck established a resupply camp that eventually becomes Cape Town
- Also on April 6, 1808, John Jacob Astor incorporated the American Fur Company, that would eventually make him America’s first millionaire
- In Athens, the opening of the first modern Olympic Games was celebrated, 1,500 years after the original games are banned by Roman emperor Theodosius I on this date in 1896
- Also on April 6, 1926, Varney Airlines made its first commercial flight (Varney is the root company of United Airlines)
- That same date in 1965, was the launch of Early Bird, the first commercial communications satellite to be placed in geosynchronous orbit
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Jewish philosopher, Torah scholar, physician and astronomer (March 30 also proposed, d. 1204), Maimonides, born on this date in 1135.
- Guillaume Bigourdan, French astronomer and academic was born on that same date in 1851.
- Anthony Fokker, the Dutch engineer and businessman, founded Fokker Aircraft Manufacturer was born 132 years ago today.
- American businessman, founded the Douglas Aircraft Company, Donald Wills Douglas, Sr., born on this date in 1892.
- Born April 6, 1910, Belarusian-American rocket scientist Barys Kit.
- American pilot and physicist, invented the Taser gun, Jack Cover was born 102 years ago today.
- American actor, singer, and writer, Billy Dee Williams, born on this date in 1937.
- Also born on that same date in 1939, American businessman, co-founded Zeta Interactive, John Sculley.
- American actor and director, John Ratzenberger is 75 today.
- English mathematician and computer scientist, Mike Worboys, born on this date in 1947.
- Italian soldier, engineer, and astronaut, Paolo Nespoli is 65 today
- 29 – Marc Blackburn
- 4 – Brian K
- 4 – Joel McLaughlin (aka Gorkon)
- 4 – Amy Bowen
- 5 – Chad Davis, Jon Issler (hsteckylf)
- 5 – Griffin Sylvester (Ildreancipher)
- 5 – Martine Tysmans – citytrips, travelling, jokes… (in Dutch)
- 5 – Ringmaster Greg from Dancing With Elephants
- 6 – Trevor Litecky (future Geek)
- 7 – P.C. Haring
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for March 30, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Mysterious ‘odd radio circles’ seen in space, new image shows – CNN
- Completely Paralyzed Patient Gets Brain Implant, Asks For Beer And Heavy Metal
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Tim Cook||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote (as many as we can as quickly as we can)
- Kreg: Halo on Paramount+
- Kreg: Nightmare Alley
- Kreg: Out Flag Means Death on HBO Max
- Chuck: Reacher (S1) on Amazon Prime
- Chuck: Attack of the Hollywood Clichés on Netflix
- Chuck: Terrorism Close Calls on Netflix
- Chuck: Dunkirk on Netflix
- Chuck: Tricky Dick and the Man in Black on Netflix
- Chuck: Magic for Humans on Netflix
- Chuck: The Standups on Netflix
- Chuck: Secrets of Great British Castles on Netflix
- Chuck: Caught on Camera on Netflix
- Chuck: World’s Most Wanted (S1) on Netflix
- Sierra founders got ‘bored’ in lockdown so they’re making their first new game in more than 20 years | PC Gamer
Question of the week:
- What villain can you just not hate?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five