Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
Found this, this morning.
Apparently a space X rocket is going to crash on the moon on the 4th of May…
May the fourth be with you.
This article does not say where its going to land on the moon, but one of the Swedish tabloides stated that the Dark side of the moon was the calculated “landing” area.
Guessing there is a risk for the Nazi moon bases on the dark side of the moon.
Somewhere there is a great story in all of this, this might be just what I need to get back to writing again 🙂
On This Day In History for February 2, 2022
This is the 33rd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 332 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1653, that New Amsterdam (later renamed The City of New York) was incorporated.
- Also today in 1709, Alexander Selkirk was rescued after being shipwrecked on a desert island, inspiring Daniel Defoe’s adventure book Robinson Crusoe
- It was on this date in 1887, that In Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, the first Groundhog Day was observed
- It was 109 years ago today, that Grand Central Terminal opened in New York City
- It was also this date in 1925 that saw the Serum run to Nome. Dog sleds reach Nome, Alaska with diphtheria serum, inspiring the Iditarod race
- Leonarde Keeler administered polygraph tests to two murder suspects, the first time polygraph evidence was admitted in U.S. courts on this date in 1935
- It was 22 years ago today, the First digital cinema projection in Europe (Paris) realized by Philippe Binant with the DLP CINEMA technology developed by Texas Instruments
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- German astronomer, Nicolaus Reimers, born on this date in 1551.
- Julian Sochocki, Polish-Russian mathematician and academic was born on that same date in 1842.
- American railway magnate, Frederick William Vanderbilt, born on this date in 1856.
- Born February 2, 1861, American businessman and philanthropist, founded the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum Solomon R. Guggenheim.
- American businessman, founded Howard Johnson’s, Howard Deering Johnson was born 125 years ago today.
- Born February 2, 1929, American computer scientist and academic John Henry Holland.
- Also turning 85 today is American comedian, actor, and activist Tom Smothers.
- Also born on that same date in 1939, American chemist and inventor and one of the founders of modern plant biotechnology, Mary-Dell Chilton.
- Also turning 80 today is English-American singer-songwriter and guitarist Graham Nash.
- American actress and producer, Farrah Fawcett was born 75 years ago today.
- American actor and singer, Brent Spiner, born on this date in 1949.
- Also born on that same date in 1952, American computer scientist and academic, Ralph Merkle.
- American actress, model, and businesswoman, Christie Brinkley is 68 today.
Wednesday February 2, is also…
- World Wetlands Day
- Day of the Crêpe
- Play Your Ukulele Day
- National Heavenly Hash Day
- National Tater Tot Day
- National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- 2 – Gary Lindros – aka Gary from Jacksonville – Groundhog’s Day Rules!!!
- 2 – Chuck Provenzano aka podlurker aka Chuck’s evil twin
- 2 – Oreo Cookie Monster
- 3 – Euan Campbell McGregor – Scotland, UK
- 7 – Chad W. Smith from Chattanooga, TN
- 7 – Bryon the Big BS in PA, Williamsport PA
- 8 – Jan Scott from Yorkshire, UK
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for February 2, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Scientists break through major milestone in harnessing fusion energy | The Independent
- NASA announces ‘first flight delay due to inclement weather on another world’ – CNET
- The James Webb Space Telescope arrives at its final orbit | Engadget
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
- 1950s Kitchen Of The Future! : interestingasfuck (reddit.com)
- NASA Contractor explains why the Space Shuttle smelled quite bad when ground crews got aboard after a flight to clean and unload – The Aviation Geek Club
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: American Masters: Inventing David Geffen (Netflix)
- Chuck: We Are The Champions: Season 1 (Netflix)
- Chuck: Age of Samurai: Battle for Japan (Netflix)
- Kreg: Ozark – Season 4 Part 1 – (Netflix)
Question of the week:
- What is your “comfort show” you re-watch when you’re sad or sick?
Patreon Topic this week
- Google’s change to G-Suite
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five