Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Don’t Forget it is Technorama International Voicemail Month
- QOTW: What is that one thing that fascinates you about space?
On This Day In History for November 24, 2021
This is the 328th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 37 days remaining in 2021.
- It was on this date in 1642, that Abel Tasman become the first European to discover the island Van Diemen’s Land (later renamed Tasmania)
- The Texas Provincial Government authorized the creation of a horse-mounted police force called the Texas Rangers (which is now the Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety) on this date in 1835
- That same date in 1859, Charles Darwin published On the Origin of Species
- On November 24, 1877, Anna Sewell’s animal welfare novel Black Beauty was published
- Also on November 24, 1932, In Washington, D.C., the FBI Scientific Crime Detection Laboratory (better known as the FBI Crime Lab) officially opened
- The Apollo 12 command module splashes down safely in the Pacific Ocean, ending the second manned mission to land on the Moon on this date in 1969
- It was on this date in 1973, that A national speed limit was imposed on the Autobahn in Germany because of the 1973 oil crisis. The speed limit lasted only four months
- That same date in 1974, Donald Johanson and Tom Gray discovered the 40% complete Australopithecus afarensis skeleton, nicknamed “Lucy” (after The Beatles song “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds”), in the Awash Valley of Ethiopia’s Afar Depression
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- German organist and composer, Charles Theodore Pachelbel, born on this date in 1690.
- Scott Joplin, the American pianist and composer was born 153 years ago today.
- Dale Carnegie, American author and educator was born on that same date in 1888.
- American physical therapist, inventor and forensic scientist, Bessie Blount Griffin was born 107 years ago today.
- Dutch-Swiss physicist and engineer, Nobel Prize laureate, Simon van der Meer, born on this date in 1925.
- American publisher and author, founded the National Review, William F. Buckley, Jr. was born 96 years ago today.
- Chinese-American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Tsung-Dao Lee, born on this date in 1926.
- Indian-English drummer and songwriter, Pete Best is 80 today.
- Ted Bundy, American serial killer was born on that same date in 1946.
- American actor, Dwight Schultz is 74 today.
- 25 – Lane Williams
- 26 – Joanie
- 27 – Brad P. from NJ(but who was born in VA, and has moved back there…)
- 28 – Ben Sweetser
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 24, 2021
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- 27th Annual Text Adventure Competition Won By Game About – Text Adventures – Slashdot
- Tesla drivers left unable to start their cars after outage – BBC News
- An Absolutely Bonkers Plan to Give Mars an Artificial Magnetosphere – Universe Today
- Scientists Invent a Camera That Can See Through or Around Anything | PetaPixel
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- (Incredible Hulk)
- Chuck: Catching Killers S1 – Netflix
- Chuck: The Blacklist: S8 – Netflix
- Chuck: You Bet Your Life (Groucho Marks) – YouTube
- Kreg: Ghostbusters: Afterlife
- New high-speed video reveals the physics of a finger snap | Science News
- The Big Misconception About Electricity
Question of the week:
- What are you thankful for?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five