Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: Which video game have you accumulated the most hours in?
On This Day In History for June 9, 2021
This is the 160th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 205 days remaining in 2021.
- It was on this date in 1534, that Jacques Cartier was the first European to describe and map the Saint Lawrence River
- On June 9, 1928, Charles Kingsford Smith completed the first trans-Pacific flight in a Fokker Trimotor monoplane, the Southern Cross
- The USS George Washington was launched. It is the first nuclear-powered ballistic missile submarine on this date in 1959
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- German astronomer and academic, Johann Gottfried Galle, born on this date in 1812.
- Pierre Duhem, the French physicist, mathematician, and historian was born 160 years ago today.
- Born June 9, 1861, Russian-German chemist and physicist Gustav Heinrich Johann Apollon Tammann.
- Cole Porter, American composer and songwriter was born on that same date in 1891.
- American guitarist and songwriter, Les Paul, born on this date in 1915.
- Also born on that same date in 1937, German hydro-biologist and academic, Harald Rosenthal.
- American actor, Johnny Depp, born on this date in 1963.
- Also born on that same date in 1981, Israeli-American actress, Natalie Portman.
- 10 – Tim (from Australia)
- 10 – Weber (BTW June 10 – AA was founded 1935)
- 15 – Miss Eliza Sea from Wingin’ It 3D
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for June 9, 2021
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Harold McInstry||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: “The Beatles: Eight Days A Week – the touring years” (Hulu)
- Kreg – Woman in Motion – Nichelle Nichols – Paramount+
- I have one of the most advanced prosthetic arms in the world — and I hate it
- Scientist Tries Cooking Hot Dog With 20,000 Volt Capacitor Bank, Ends Up Obliterating Hot Dog To Pieces – Digg
Question of the week:
- What is something free from the internet, which everyone should take advantage of?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five