Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What fictional character should have been hit with a huge lawsuit at the end of the story?
On This Day In History for May 26, 2021
This is the 146th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 219 days remaining in 2021.
- It was on this date in 961, that King Otto I elected his 6 -year-old son Otto II as heir apparent and co-ruler of the East Frankish Kingdom. He is crowned at Aachen, and placed under the tutelage of his grandmother Matilda.
- Also on May 26, 1869, Boston University was chartered by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Charles Dow published the first edition of the Dow Jones Industrial Average on this date in 1896
- Also on May 26, 1897, Dracula, a Gothic horror novel by Irish author Bram Stoker, was published
- 94 years ago today, The last Ford Model T rolled off the assembly line after a production run of 15,007,003 vehicles.
- Also on May 26, 1967, The Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band was released.
- It was also this date in 1969 that Apollo 10 returned to Earth after a successful eight-day test of all the components needed for the forthcoming first manned moon landing
- It was on this date in 1970, that The Soviet Tupolev Tu-144 became the first commercial transport to exceed Mach 2
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- French-English mathematician and theorist, Abraham de Moivre, born on this date in 1667.
- Born May 26, 1907, American actor, director, and producer John Wayne.
- Peter Cushing, English actor, was born on that same date in 1913.
- American actor, James Arness was born 98 years ago today.
- Miles Davis, American trumpet player, composer, and bandleader was born on that same date in 1926.
- American pathologist, author, and assisted suicide activist, Jack Kevorkian was born 93 years ago today.
- American singer-songwriter, Stevie Nicks is 73 today.
- Also turning 72 today is American computer programmer, who developed the first wiki Ward Cunningham.
- American singer-songwriter and guitarist, Hank Williams Jr. is 72 today.
- Sally Ride, American physicist and astronaut, founded Sally Ride Science was born on that same date in 1951.
- American astronomer and academic, Amanda Bauer is 42 today.
- 26 – Eli Yukelzon
- 27 – Tonya from Dancing With Elephants
- 28 – Chris Martens, Host of The Jesus Geeks, Z Net Central, and Producer of On The Edge Of Darkness
- 30 – Petri Lopia
- 31 – Troy Dunlavy
- 1 – Selganor
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for May 26, 2021
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Magnets could fundamentally change comgputing | Popular Science
- Handwritten letter by Albert Einstein with famous E = mc2 equation gets $1.2M at auction
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Harold McInstry||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Kreg – Netflix: Army of the Dead
- Chuck – Dinosaur 13
Question of the week:
- Which video game have you accumulated the most hours in?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five