Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
On This Day In History for March 10, 2021
This is the 69th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 296 days remaining in 2021.
- It was on this date in 1876, that The first successful test of a telephone was made by Alexander Graham Bell.
- 130 years ago today, Almon Strowger patented the Strowger switch, a device which led to the automation of telephone circuit switching.
- It was on this date in 1977, that Astronomers discovered the rings of Uranus.
- Also on March 10, 2000, The Dot-com bubble peaked with the NASDAQ Composite stock market index reaching 5,048.62.
- On March 10, 2006, The Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter arrived on Mars.
- The World Health Organization officially announces the COVID-19 outbreak as a pandemic. on this date in 2020.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- German-Dutch alchemist and chemist, Johann Rudolf Glauber, born on this date in 1604.
- Alfred Peet, Dutch-American businessman, founded Peet’s Coffee & Tea was born on that same date in 1920.
- American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Val Logsdon Fitch, born on this date in 1923.
- Also born on that same date in 1956, English actor, producer, and screenwriter, Robert Llewellyn.
- American actress and producer, Sharon Stone is 63 today.
- Born March 10, 1961, American captain, physician, and astronaut Laurel Clark.
- 7 – Ben Maddox a.k.a. CptRootbeer
- 7 – Caleb from Dancing With Elephants
- 8 – Ali Zein Yousuf a.k.a. superAL1394
- 8 – BJ Keifer a.k.a bjk
- 11 – Andy Helsby of Absoblogginlutely!
- 11 – Ken Kitzman a.k.a kitzken
- 13 – Johanna Gonzalez a.k.a. MightyJo
- 14 – Pi Day (3/14)
- 16 – Michelle Lopez a.k.a. CntrySigns
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for February 17, 2021
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit chuckchat.com/birthday or look for the Birthday Calendar link on our website.
- Mars rover’s giant parachute carried secret message
- Photos of Amelia Earhart, Marie Curie and others come alive (creepily), thanks to AI | Live Science
- Warp Drive Is No Longer Science Fiction | IE
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
- Knight Rider Semi Found In Idaho After Being Abandoned For 15 Years (motor1.com)
- The Frazetta Buck Rogers Comic Book Covers that Influenced Star Wars
- Scientists find way to read priceless letters sealed 300 years ago and never opened – CNN Style
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Danny Mortensen||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Harold McInstry||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Coming 2 America (Prime Video),
- I Care A Lot (Netflix)
- Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Netflix)
Question of the week:
- The last thing you Googled is what kills you. So, how do you die?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five