Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What common product has a feature you’re not sure that everyone is aware of?
On This Day In History for February 24, 2021
This is the 55th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 310 days remaining in 2021.
- It was on this date in 1854, that A Penny Red with perforations was the first perforated postage stamp to be officially issued for distribution.
- Also on February 24, 1863, Arizona was organized as a United States territory.
- It was on this date in 1980, that The United States Olympic hockey team completed its Miracle on Ice by defeating Finland 4 -2 to win the gold medal.
- It was also this date in 2007 that Japan launched its fourth spy satellite, stepping up its ability to monitor potential threats such as North Korea.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- American admiral, Chester W. Nimitz, born on this date in 1885.
- American actor, Abe Vigoda was born 100 years ago today.
- James Farentino, American actor, was born on that same date in 1938.
- Also turning 83 today is American businessman and philanthropist, co-founded Nike, Inc Phil Knight.
- American actor and director, Edward James Olmos is 74 today.
- Steve Jobs, American businessman, co-founded Apple Inc. and Pixar was born on that same date in 1955.
- Australian astrophysicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Brian Schmidt, born on this date in 1967.
- 25 – Norbert
- 25 – Sandi Sheppard (Mark’s lovely wife)
- 28 – Wayne “Your Ad Here” Pittenger – Bethlehem PA
- 29 – Paul Dove a.k.a Eilmer From Malmesbury UK
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for February 17, 2021
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Shout out to NASA and JPL for Perseverance
- Why Time Magazine named this immunotherapy “Cancer’s Newest Miracle Cure” | ILLUMINATION (medium.com)
- Covid: Man offered vaccine after error lists him as 6.2cm tall – BBC News
- Scientists Clone Endangered Species – Black-Footed Ferret (popularmechanics.com)
- Space station launch honors ‘Hidden Figures’ mathematician (msn.com)
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
FThis show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Danny Mortensen||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Harold McInstry||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Hacks & Strange Stories
Pass me the remote
- Chuck – Crime Scene: Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel (Netflix)
- Kreg – The Shape of Water (Hulu)
Question of the week:
- What movie prop would you give real money to have in real life?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five