Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Email from Mad Marv
- Question of the week: What Movie/TV/Book after finishing it made you go, “What the hell was that?”
(Chuck Note: Shout out to the Between two Functions Podcast)
On This Day In History for January 20, 2021
This is the 20th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 345 days remaining in 2021.
- It was on this date in 1887, that The United States Senate allowed the Navy to lease Pearl Harbor as a naval base.
- That same date in 1929, The first full-length talking motion picture filmed outdoors, In Old Arizona, was released.
- Also on January 20, 1986, In the United States, Martin Luther King Jr. Day was celebrated as a federal holiday for the first time.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- German scholar, cartographer, and cosmographer, Sebastian Münster, born on this date in 1488.
- Rafael Bombelli, Italian mathematician was born on that same date in 1526.
- German astronomer and academic, Simon Marius was born 448 years ago today.
- Jean-Jacques Barthélemy, French archaeologist and numismatist was born on that same date in 1716.
- French physicist and mathematician, André-Marie Ampère, born on this date in 1775.
- Born January 20, 1888, American folk/blues musician and songwriter Lead Belly.
- American engineer and businessman, founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, Allan Haines Loughead, born on this date in 1889.
- Harold Gray, the American cartoonist, created Little Orphan Annie was born 127 years ago today.
- Greek shipping magnate, Aristotle Onassis, born on this date in 1906.
- Nevin Scrimshaw, American scientist was born on that same date in 1918.
- American actor, DeForest Kelley was born 101 years ago today.
- American actress, Patricia Neal, born on this date in 1926.
- Arte Johnson, American actor and comedian was born on that same date in 1929.
- Also turning 91 today is American colonel, pilot, and astronaut Buzz Aldrin.
- Also born on that same date in 1931, American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, David Lee.
- American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer, Paul Stanley is 69 today.
- Also turning 65 today is American comedian, political commentator, media critic, television host, and producer Bill Maher.
- Also born on that same date in 1960, American video game designer, co-founded Maxis, Will Wright.
- American computer hacker and activist, co-founded MindVox, Patrick K. Kroupa is 52 today.
- Indian computer engineer, Ruchi Sanghvi, born on this date in 1982.
- 21 – Michael Rabalais
- 22 – TAW012294
- 23 – Kathie Luke, IL
- 23 – Chris Moody from PodioMedia Chat
- 23 – Keith Lane from TGGeeks
- 24 – Cynthia Fry
- 25 – Kreg Steppe
- 26 – Will The Computer Guy
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for January 20, 2021
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- With its New Extension, Juno is Going to be Visiting Jupiter’s Moons – Universe Today
- Some Black Holes Could Be Wormholes: What Is a Wormhole?
- Samsung’s robot dog is an intriguing faceless smart pet for your surveillance needs | Yanko Design
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Danny Mortensen||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Harold McInstry||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Spiffy||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Starting: WandaVision (Kreg)
Question of the week:
- What are some red flags that the movie that you’re about to watch is bad?
Patreon Topic this week
- Chuck has some new gadgets
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five