On this Episode Ben and Keith from TGGeeks.com Join us!
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Jorge – Still on 616, a toaster in Dutch is ‘brood rooster’ basically ‘bread griller’
- Question of the Week: What problem from the 1980s and 90s no longer exists?
On This Day In History for December 2, 2020
This is the 337th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 29 days remaining in 2020.
- It was on this date in 1927, that Following 19 years of Ford Model T production, the Ford Motor Company unveiled the Ford Model A as its new automobile.
- On December 2, 1939, New York City’s LaGuardia Airport opened.
- Also on December 2, 1942, during the Manhattan Project, a team led by Enrico Fermi initiated the first artificial self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction.
- 38 years ago today, at the University of Utah, Barney Clark became the first person to receive a permanent artificial heart.
- That same date in 1993, NASA launched the Space Shuttle Endeavour on mission STS-61, to repair the Hubble Space Telescope.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- American businessman, co-founded the Ringling Brothers Circus, Charles Edward Ringling, born on this date in 1863.
- Peter Carl Goldmark, the Hungarian-American engineer was born 114 years ago today.
- 2 – Ben Fryxell from the MacMania Podcast
- 6 – SuperMoonMan
- 7 – Peter aka Zzippster from the Zzipp and Co. Podcast, Weymouth, Dorset, UK
- 8 – DanDman
- 8 – Gydian (Michael H.)
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for December 2, 2020
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Theories abound over mystery metal monolith found in Utah | The Guardian
- Scientists make bigger monkey brains using human genes
- Reverse Aging: Study Finds Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber Slows Aging
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
- Never heard of Cecelia Payne, the woman who literally discovered what the universe is made of? You’re not alone. – Upworthy
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Danny Mortensen||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Harold McInstry||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Intentionally left blank||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Spiffy||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- The Liberator – Netflix
Question of the week
- What’s something cool you recently learned about?
- What problems do we have now that didn’t exist in the 1980s and 1990s?
Patreon Topic this week
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five