Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Remember November is International Technorama Voicemail Month!
- Voicemail from John Miller Jr
- What lives in your brain rent free?
On This Day In History for November 4, 2020
This is the 309th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 57 days remaining in 2020.
- It was on this date in 1783, that Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Symphony No. 36 was performed for the first time in Linz, Austria.
- Also today in 1847, Sir James Young Simpson, a Scottish physician, discovered the anaesthetic properties of chloroform.
- It was on this date in 1890, that the City and South London Railway: London’s first deep-level tube railway opened between King William Street and Stockwell.
- 98 years ago today, In Egypt, British archaeologist Howard Carter and his men found the entrance to Tutankhamun’s tomb in the Valley of the Kings.
- It was also this date in 1952 that The United States government established the National Security Agency, or NSA.
- November 4, 1962, The United States concludes Operation Fishbowl, its final above-ground nuclear weapons testing series, in anticipation of the 1963 Partial Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
- Also today in 1973, The Netherlands experiences the first Car-Free Sunday caused by the 1973 oil crisis. Highways are used only by cyclists and roller skaters.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- French mathematician and engineer, Pierre-Simon Girard, born on this date in 1765.
- Irish engineer, who invented the tractor, Harry Ferguson was born 136 years ago today.
- Born November 4, 1904, Polish engineer, technician, and academic Tadeusz Żyliński.
- Joseph Rotblat, the Polish-English physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate was born 112 years ago today.
- Ruth Handler, American businesswoman, created Barbie was born on that same date in 1916.
- Walter Cronkite, the American journalist, voice actor, and producer was born 104 years ago today.
- Art Carney, American actor, was born on that same date in 1918.
- American scientist and engineer, Mary Sherman Morgan was born 99 years ago today.
- Charles K. Kao, the Chinese physicist and engineer, Nobel Prize laureate was born 87 years ago today.
- Also born on that same date in 1937, American actress and singer, Loretta Swit.
- American actor, Ralph Macchio is 59 today.
- Anton Buslov, Russian astrophysicist and journalist was born on that same date in 1983.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 4, 2020
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
- 31 vintage ads that would probably be banned today | Social Gazette
- The 25 most spectacular branding fails of the last 25 years
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Danny Mortensen||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Harold McInstry||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||Your Name Here!||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Spiffy||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Hanna (Amazon Prime)
- Secrets of the Saqqara Tomb (Netflix)
- Inspiring future space explorers: Q&A with former NASA astronaut Leland Melvin | Space
- Can you guess the tiny objects in these zoomed-in photos? | Popular Science
Question of the week:
- If you had a chance to broadcast one song to all the 7.8 billion people on this planet, which song would you choose?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five