Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Mike Wills Audio Feedback
- Question of the week: Which fictional characters would you pick to help you in a fight?
On This Day In History for June 10, 2020
This is the 162nd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 204 days remaining in 2020.
- It was on this date in 671, that Emperor Tenji of Japan introduced a water clock (clepsydra) called Rokoku. The instrument, which measures time and indicates hours, is placed in the capital of Ōtsu.
- 85 years ago today, Dr. Robert Smith took his last drink, and Alcoholics Anonymous was founded in Akron, Ohio, United States, by him and Bill Wilson.
- June 10, 1944, In baseball, 15 -year-old Joe Nuxhall of the Cincinnati Reds became the youngest player ever in a major-league game.
- On June 10, 1947, Saab produced its first automobile.
- Also today in 2002, The first direct electronic communication experiment between the nervous systems of two humans was carried out by Kevin Warwick in the United Kingdom.
- June 10, 2003, The Spirit rover is launched, beginning NASA’s Mars Exploration Rover mission.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Persian mathematician and astronomer, Abu al-Wafa’ Buzjani, born on this date in 940.
- Carl Gustaf Ekeberg, Swedish physician and explorer was born on that same date in 1716.
- American entrepreneur, founded Dunkin’ Donuts, William Rosenberg, born on this date in 1916.
- Also turning 99 today is Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip.
- Friedrich L. Bauer, German mathematician, computer scientist, and academic was born on that same date in 1924.
- American astrophysicist and academic, Eugene Parker is 93 today.
- Also turning 91 today is American general, pilot, and astronaut James McDivitt.
- French mathematician and academic, Pierre Cartier, born on this date in 1932.
- Augie Auer, American-New Zealand meteorologist was born on that same date in 1940.
- Also turning 55 today is German computer scientist and academic Susanne Albers.
Listener Birthdays (June 10-16)
- 10 Tim (from Australia)
- 10 Weber (BTW June 10 – AA was founded 1935)
- 15 Miss Eliza Sea from Wingin’ It 3D
- 16 Joe Edmisson
- 16 Jason from The Angry Geek
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for June 10, 2020
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- SpaceX rings in Falcon 9’s 10th anniversary with a rocket reusability first
- Hubble Deep Space Quest Makes Surprising Find in the Early Universe
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Danny Mortensen||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Harold McInstry||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||NightGig Studios||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Kreg – The Invisible Man
Question of the week:
- What’s a TV series that everyone should give a go?
Patreon Topic this week
- Computer injuries
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five