Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Email from Fuffy Frog
- Voice mail from John Miller Jr
- Question of the week: What’s one question you hate being asked
On This Day In History for May 27, 2020
This is the 148th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 218 days remaining in 2020.
- It was on this date in 1927, that The Ford Motor Company ceased manufacture of the Ford Model T and began to retool plants to make the Ford Model A.
- It was 90 years ago today that The 1,046 feet (319 m) Chrysler Building in New York City, the tallest man-made structure at the time, opened to the public.
- Also today in 1933, The Walt Disney Company released the cartoon Three Little Pigs, with its hit song “Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?”.
- May 27, 1937, In California, the Golden Gate Bridge opens to pedestrian traffic, creating a vital link between San Francisco and Marin County, California.
- It was also this date in 1958 that First flight of the McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- American businessman and philanthropist, Cornelius Vanderbilt, born on this date in 1794.
- Born May 27, 1857, German chemist Theodor Curtius.
- William Stanier, English engineer was born on that same date in 1876.
- English physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, John Cockcroft, born on this date in 1897.
- David Crosthwait, the American engineer, inventor and writer was born 122 years ago today.
- American actor, Vincent Price was born 109 years ago today.
- Born May 27, 1922, English actor Christopher Lee.
- Also born on that same date in 1967, American actor, Eddie McClintock.
- Also turning 51 today is American computer scientist and engineer Craig Federighi.
Listener birthdays (May 27-June 2)
- 27 – Tonya from Dancing With Elephants
- 28 – Chris Martens, Host of The Jesus Geeks, Z Net Central, and Producer of On The Edge Of Darkness
- 30 – Petri Lopia
- 1 – Selganor
- 2 – Anthony Gartner (Enigmavb)
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for May 27, 2020
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- We May Be Entering a Deep Solar Minimum as the Sun Goes Unusually Quiet
- SpaceX Crew Dragon reaches launch pad for historic NASA astronaut launch | Space
- No, NASA didn’t find evidence of a parallel universe where time runs backward – CNET
- This Bionic Eye Is Better Than a Real One, Scientists Say
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Danny Mortensen||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|Harold McInstry||John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kristina||Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil|
|Mike Wills||NightGig Studios||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Hand me the remote
- Kreg – Ozark
- Internet has blast with Grosse Pointe priest’s holy water squirt gun for social distance Easter blessings | FOX 2 Detroit
Question of the week:
- Which actor will forever be stuck in a role in your mind?
Patreon Topic this week
- What are our favorite software tools we use?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five