Coming up in this episode…
- Very big things
- Very small things
- Very cool things that will make you want to take out your credit card and say “I don’t care how much, I want one!”
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
Introducing the team…
- Shout out to the chat room
- Happy Birthday to:
- April 29 – Shepherd Thom from outside of the known universe
- April 29 – Debbie Walker
- April 29 – Earl Newton
- April 30 – Julio Diaz (JulioTijuana)
- May 01 – Technorama
- May 03 – Keao Wright
- May 03 – Leon
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Listen to the audio stream if you happen to be around. If you cannot make it, you can find us on ustream.tv. Search for Technorama.
On This Day In History for April 27, 2011
- It was on this date in 1967 that Expo 67 officially opens in Montreal, Canada with a large opening ceremony broadcast around the world. It opens to the public the next day.
- Xerox PARC introduces the computer mouse today in 1981.
- The last successful telemetry from the NASA space probe Pioneer 10 was on April 27, 2002
- and today in 2005, the superjumbo jet aircraft Airbus A380 makes its first flight from Toulouse, France.
Happy Birthday goes out on this date to
- French mathematician Marc-Antoine Parseval, was born today in 1755
- also born today in 1791, American inventor, Samuel F. B. Morse
- Philip Hauge Abelson, the American physicist was born today in 1913
- Gian-Carlo Rota, Italian-born American mathematician and philosopher turns 79
- and finally Russell T Davies, the television writer whose credits include Doctor Who, is now 48
- White iPhone 4 coming out in the UK this week? It’s like an albino. Spotting one is very rare. Where’s David Attenborough when you need him?
- Hair transplant robot gets FDA approval
Hacks & Strange Stories
- One artist thought the Statue of Liberty might become a subway station
- London’s abandoned, underground, and notoriously hard-to-reach mail train
- A plan from the 20s to drain part of the Mediterranean Sea – Atlantropa
- Early remote controls were worse than they are today
What the Chuck!
- My iHome died – and they took care of me
- I got a Square – want to buy something?
- You can buy your own for $10 on the Apple store (with a $10 rebate)
End of Show Stuff
- We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 206-222-CHAT (2428)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or on Twitter! @Ctomasi, @Steppek, and @technorama
- Web Site: www.chuckchat.com (forums, swag, webcam, mail lists, links in the show notes, and more)
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micro payment.
- Or a review on the iTunes music store, Podcast Pickle, Podcast Alley, or any one of the many podcast directories.
- Parsec nominations are open, while they still haven’t figured out a category for Technorama, we’d appreciate a nomination for Interface To Face in one of the two following categories:
- Best Speculative Fiction Fan or News Podcast (General)
- Best Fact Behind the Fiction Podcast
- Thanks to
- Mad Marv for providing the great blog content
- uStream who keeps our modest live streams going on Sunday
- and our Chat room that is provided by thinstack.net
- This show is a member of Friends in Tech. Find out more at FriendsInTech.com
- We’re also affiliated with FarpointMedia.com and all the great podcasts over there. Check them out, we know you’ll find something you’ll enjoy. There are new shows coming on board all the time.
- If you’re getting this show by clicking on the link on the web site, consider subscribing to get the show automatically delivered to you for free. Drop either one of us an email if you would like more information.
- Tell a friend about Technorama and…
- binary high five