On This Show…
- The Physics of Super Mario Galaxy
- Cooling begins on the Large Hadron Collider
- Take the sci-fi audio quiz
On This Day in Tech History
- 1492 – The first grammar of a modern language, in Spanish, is presented to Queen Isabella.
- 1605 – The first edition of El ingenioso hidalgo Don Quijote
de la Mancha (Book One of Don Quixote) by Miguel de Cervantes is
published in Madrid.
- 1909 – Ernest Shackleton’s expedition finds the magnetic South Pole.
- 1969 – The Metroliner train enters into service.
- 1986 – First meeting of the Internet Engineering Task Force.
- 2003 – Space Shuttle Columbia takes off for mission STS-107
which will be its final one. Columbia disintegrates 16 days later on
- 1477 – Johannes Sch