Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What movie has the greatest plot twist of all time?
- MadMarv via Email
- From Bonnie and Hank:
On This Day In History for September 21, 2022
This is the 264th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 101 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1942, that The Boeing B-29 Superfortress made its maiden flight
- The North American XB-70 Valkyrie, the world’s fastest bomber, made its maiden flight from Palmdale, California on this date in 1964
- On September 21, 2003, The Galileo spacecraft was terminated by sending it into Jupiter’s atmosphere
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- French scholar and academic, Guillaume Fichet, born on this date in 1433.
- Canadian explorer Louis Jolliet was born 377 years ago today.
- Heike Kamerlingh Onnes, Dutch physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate was born on that same date in 1853.
- French-Tunisian microbiologist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Charles Nicolle was born 156 years ago today.
- Born September 21, 1866, English novelist, historian, and critic H. G. Wells.
- English composer and educator, Gustav Holst, born on this date in 1874.
- Born September 21, 1884, Hungarian mathematician and theorist Dénes Kőnig.
- Chuck Jones, the American animator, producer, and screenwriter was born 110 years ago today.
- English mathematician and academic, Phyllis Nicolson was born 105 years ago today.
- John Gofman, the American physicist, chemist, and biologist was born 104 years ago today.
- American author and screenwriter, Stephen King is 75 today.
- Also born on that same date in 1950, American actor, comedian, producer, and screenwriter, Bill Murray.
- American engineer and astronaut, Richard Hieb, born on this date in 1955.
- Also turning 54 today is British mathematician Kevin Buzzard.
- 21 – Dean Jensen (Beaker1)
- 22 – Matthew Tjarks (Jharks)
- 26 – Brett (from Wales)
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for September 21, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- Lots of strange things about Saturn can be explained by a destroyed moon
- Why do all these 20-somethings have closed captions turned on?
- Hubble Captures 2 Galaxies Overlapping to Form a Stunning Interstellar ‘Snail’ : ScienceAlert
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Martinez||Chris Mc|
|DanDMan Coyer||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen||Krazy Joe Adventures|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Paul Maki||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin||Tim Cook|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: Untold (several more) on Netflix
- Chuck: (Rewatch): Rise of Empires: Ottoman on Netflix
Question of the week:
- What villain was terrifying because they were right?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five