Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What’s a movie trope you are sick and tired of?
On This Day In History for June 15, 2022
This is the 166th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 199 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 763 BC, that Assyrians recorded a solar eclipse that is later used to fix the chronology of Mesopotamian history.
- King John of England put his seal to Magna Carta on this date in 1215
- June 15, 1502, Christopher Columbus landed on the island of Martinique on his fourth voyage
- 355 years ago today, The first human blood transfusion was administered by Dr. Jean-Baptiste Denys
- It was 270 years ago today, that Benjamin Franklin proved that lightning is electricity (traditional date, the exact date is unknown)
- June 15, 1844, Charles Goodyear received a patent for vulcanization, a process to strengthen rubber
- That same date in 1919, John Alcock and Arthur Brown completed the first nonstop transatlantic flight when they reach Clifden, County Galway, Ireland
- June 15, 1921, Bessie Coleman earned her pilot’s license, becoming the first female pilot of African-American descent
- Also on June 15, 1936, First flight of the Vickers Wellington bomber
- It was on this date in 2012, that Nik Wallenda became the first person to successfully tightrope walk directly over Niagara Falls
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Italian model, subject of the Mona Lisa, Lisa del Giocondo, born on this date in 1479.
- Born June 15, 1542, English captain and explorer Richard Grenville.
- Juan José Elhuyar, the Spanish chemist and mineralogist was born 268 years ago today.
- Thomas Mitchell, Scottish-Australian colonel and explorer was born on that same date in 1792.
- German oceanographer and academic, Georg Wüst, born on this date in 1890.
- Gordon Welchman, English-American mathematician and author was born on that same date in 1906.
- John Fenn, the American chemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate was born 105 years ago today.
- American lighting and production designer Marc Brickman is 69 today.
- 15 – Miss Eliza Sea from Wingin’ It 3D
- 16 – Joe Edmisson
- 16 – Jason from The Angry Geek
- 17 – Digital Dan from the Hook Show
- 18 – Luke (platypuss72) from UK
- 18 – Xianfox from Appleton
- 19 – Steven (sphen603) from Wichita, Kansas
- 21 – Ascii Adam from the Hook Show
- 22 – Lance Heath
- 22 – Jack Stevens
- 22 – Chris Martinez (Scotland)
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for June 15, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- James Webb Space Telescope hit by a tiny meteorite
- NASA Completes Main Body of Europa Clipper Spacecraft – Will Search for Life on Jupiter’s Icy Moon Europa
- New York state passes first-ever ‘right to repair’ law for electronics
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Mc||DanDMan Coyer|
|Tim Cook||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Chris Martinez||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche|
|Steve Therrien||Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Kreg – Stranger Things 4 – Netflix
- Chuck – Dirty Money – Netflix
- Chuck – To Kill A Mockingbird
- The Energy In Nuclear Waste Could Power the US For 100 Years, But the Technology Was Never Commercialized
- Sorry, Your Internet Connection is Slow
Question of the week:
- It’s 2022, what shouldn’t exist now?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five