Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Question from Ep 558 – What brands are you loyal to and why?
On This Day In History for March 27, 2019
This is the 86th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 279 days remaining in 2019.
- It was on this date in 1513, that Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de León reaches the northern end of The Bahamas on his first voyage to Florida.
- Also on March 27, 1915, Typhoid Mary, the first healthy carrier of disease ever identified in the United States, is put in quarantine, where she would remain for the rest of her life.
- It was 61 years ago today, that Nikita Khrushchev becomes Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Soviet Union.
- It was also this date in 1975 that Construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System begins.
- It was on this date in 1998, that The Food and Drug Administration approves Viagra for use as a treatment for male impotence, the first pill to be approved for this condition in the United States.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- French engineer, urban planner, and politician, Georges-Eugène Haussmann, born on this date in 1809.
- Wilhelm Röntgen, the German physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate was born 174 years ago today.
- German chemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Otto Wallach was born 172 years ago today.
- Karl Pearson, English mathematician, eugenicist, and academic was born on that same date in 1857.
- Douglas Hartree, the English mathematician and physicist was born 122 years ago today.
- Born March 27, 1899, German-Swiss physicist and academic Herbert Arthur Stuart.
- Phil Chess, Czech-American record producer, co-founded Chess Records was born on that same date in 1921.
- Also born on that same date in 1944, New Zealand astronomer and academic, Alan C. Gilmore.
- English keyboardist and songwriter, Tony Banks is 69 today.
- Also born on that same date in 1963, American director, producer, screenwriter and actor, Quentin Tarantino.
- 16 – Michelle Lopez a.k.a. CntrySigns
- 18 – Gregory Lemon @ GregoryLemon.com
- 19 – JT Shea of The Gigcast and JT Ukes at 40
- 19 – Michael R. Mennenga
- 21 – “Krazy Joe” Fiore, MegaPodTasticand Honey, You’ve *GOT* to See This!
- 23 – Steve Riekeberg a.k.a. MissingIntellect of Geek Cred
- 23 – Richard Parkman
- 25 – Nicholas St Gabriel
- 26 – Chuck Tomasi
- 26 – Brina Baird in Hampton, VA
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for March 27, 2019
- SpaceX’s Crew Dragon could land with abort thrusters in emergencies, says Musk
- The CW’s ‘Supernatural’ will end next year after 15 seasons
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike WIlls|
|Mega Podtastic||Nightgig Studios||Gary Lindros||John Clifford|
|Leon||John Noble||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Jorge Schrauwen||John Miller Jr.|
|Amber Elstad||Harold McKinstry||Amy Bowen||Denise Inglis|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- What We Think Of As “Paranormal” May Be Something Else Entirely
- This Is Why The Multiverse Must Exist
- Toxic Avenger Reboot Hires Writer | Nerd Much?
Question of the week:
- What brands have you severed ties with and why?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five