Coming up in this episode…
- Alcohol laws
- Firearms in space
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes from the show.
(image courtesy Robot Space Brain)
- Mark Sheppard writes:
On Technorama 417, it was mentioned you could stream your show on Justin.tv. Justin.tv is no longer around. 🙂
- Charles Stell writes:
Hi Chuck, How is the new house? The podcast sounds good.
Great to have you and Kreg back “on the air” again.
I had to turn off the Star Trek movie episode. Too many crazy images flying around between my ears as a result of the commentary.
Do you miss the snow yet?
Keep up the podcasts.
On This Day In History for November 19, 2014
This is the 323rd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 42 days remaining until the end of 2014.
- It was on this date in 1493 that Christopher Columbus goes ashore on an island he first saw the day before. He names it San Juan Bautista (later renamed Puerto Rico).
- A meteorite lands near the village of Grossliebental, southwest of Odessa, Ukraine 133 years ago today.
- Samuel Goldwyn and Edgar Selwyn establish Goldwyn Pictures on this date in 1916.
- 60 years ago today, Télé Monte Carlo, Europe’s oldest private television channel, is launched by Prince Rainier III.
- The Ford Motor Company announces the discontinuation of the unpopular Edsel on this date in 1959.
- The establishment of TVB, the first wireless commercial television station in Hong Kong 47 years ago today.
- Also today in 1969, Apollo 12 astronauts Pete Conrad and Alan Bean land at Oceanus Procellarum (the “Ocean of Storms”) and become the third and fourth humans to walk on the Moon.
- 15 years ago today, Shenzhou 1: The People’s Republic of China launches its first Shenzhou spacecraft.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Russian physicist, chemist, astronomer, and geographer Mikhail Lomonosov, born on this date in 1711.
- Journalist and talk show host Larry King turns 81 today.
- Turning 76 today is businessman, philanthropist, and founder of Turner Broadcasting System, Ted Turner.
- Chakotay from Star Trek Voyager is now 61.
- American colonel, pilot, and astronaut Eileen Collins turns 58.
- and finally turning 52 today is actress, director, and producer Jodie Foster.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 19, 2014
- Guy receives text message spam and responds appropriately
- Unicorns are real and here’s proof!
- (From MadMarv) Five-year-old passes Microsoft exam
- MadMarv says – “Well what is there to say about this? Maybe Microsoft should start using essay questions on their exams”
Listener Birthday Calendar
- 22 – Tom Posz – (from California, USA)
- 23 – Beth Cindy Steinbach
- 25 – Lane Williams
- 25 – A.P. Stephens
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
Hacks & Strange Stories
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 206-222-CHAT (2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are also on…
- Twitter at @Ctomasi, @Steppek, and @technorama
- on Facebook at the Technorama Page
- And even Google Plus
- Links are in these show notes and on our website
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micro-payment.
- Or a review on the iTunes music store.
Also Thanks to
- Our Monthly donators!
- John Noble
- Bruce Bracey
- Jeremy Oelke
- Mark Hammett
- Nicholas St. Gabriel
- Ben Vaughan
- Avner Braverman
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us in the hangout
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five