Dr. Robert Ballard is best known for his discovery of the wreck of the RMS Titanic. However, this is only one of his 121 expeditions including the discovery of deep sea thermal vents, the wreck of the German battleship Bismarck, and John F. Kennedy’s patrol boat PT-109. Technorama, a show that normally takes a light hearted look at tech, science, sci-fi, and all things geek, brings you another in its series of specials and interviews.
The podcast was fortunate to catch the busy Dr. Ballard for an interview immediately following his latest trip to the Black Sea. Join host Chuck Tomasi for a fascinating discussion with Dr. Robert Ballard about the Black Sea trip, Internet 2, autonomous underwater vehicles, history, and more. Feed your inner geek with Technorama!
- Dr. Ballard’s Web Site
- Dr. Ballard at Wikipedia
- German BattleshipBismarck
- National Geographic Explorers Program
- National Geographic: Ballard & the Black Sea
- National Geographic News: JFK’s PT-109 Found (2002)
- Robert Ballard‘s faculty page at the Graduate School of Oceanography at the University of Rhode Island.
- Institute for Exploration at the Mystic Aquarium.
- Ocean Explorer – Public outreach site for explorations sponsored by the Office of Ocean Exploration.
- NOAA, Ocean Explorer OceanAGE Careers – Video profiles, biographies, and background materials related to Oceanexplorer