Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Take a Moment and remember Mark Sheppard
- Thank you Brad Miller for the generous gift
- QOTW: What are some of your all-time favorite books you have read?
On This Day in History for August 31, 2022
This is the 243rd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 122 days remaining in 2022.
- It was on this date in 1895, that German Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin patented his navigable balloon
- That same date in 1936, Radio Prague, now the official international broadcasting station of the Czech Republic, went on the air
- 25 years ago today, Diana, Princess of Wales, her companion Dodi Fayed and driver Henri Paul died in a car crash in Paris
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- French physicist and instrument maker, Guillaume Amontons, born on this date in 1663.
- Hermann von Helmholtz, German physician and physicist was born on that same date in 1821.
- Born August 31, 1905, American physicist and academic Robert Bacher.
- English physicist and astronomer, Bernard Lovell was born 109 years ago today.
- American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Hugh David Politzer, born on this date in 1949.
- Also turning 69 today is Russian astronaut and engineer Pavel Vinogradov.
- Aug 31 – Tim Downing
- Sep 1 – David Kloempken
- Sep 2 – Scott Tyler
- Sep 5 – Ben Vaughan (benvon) 
- Sep 6 – Susan Murph (SusietheGeek) How to Grow Your Geek Podcast
- Sep 6 – Brad Miller
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for August 31, 2022
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our website and look for the Birthday Calendar link.
- The Bionic-Hand Arms Race
- NASA Recorded The Sound From a Black Hole, and It’s Super Eerie
- Nichelle Nichols’ Ashes Headed To Space, Joining Star Trek Legends On “Enterprise” Memorial Launch – TrekMovie.com
Hacks & Strange Stories
- Janet Jackson song from 1989 declared a cybersecurity vulnerability for crashing hard drives
- Tech Stuff Podcast: Janet Jackson and Nicola Tesla (Aug 24)
- Paper-thin retro Macintosh comes with an e-ink display and runs on a Raspberry Pi
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Alexis Duran||Amber Elstad||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman|
|Ben Vaughan||Brian Brown||Chris Martinez||Chris Mc|
|DanDMan Coyer||Dean Jensen||Denise Inglis||Gary Lindros|
|John Clifford||John Noble||Jorge Schrauwen||Krazy Joe Adventures|
|Kyle Nishioka||Leon||Mark Kilfoil||Matt Baum|
|Mike Wills||Saturday Morning Media||Stephen Wesche||Steve Therrien|
|Steve Cody||Stewe Lundin||Tim Cook|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
Pass me the remote
- Chuck: The Old Man (Hulu)
- Chuck: Bank Robbers: The Last Great Heist (Netflix)
- Chuck: Into The Inferno (Netflix)
- Kreg: She-Hulk (Disney+)
- Kreg: Movie assignment
Question of the week:
- What is something the Internet has ruined?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five