Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- What source material should they NEVER attempt to make a movie of?
- Thomas Hausmann – Topics to not use for movies? Sewage treatment, locker plant kill floors
On This Day In History for February 26, 2020
This is the 57th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 309 days remaining in 2020.
- It was on this date in 1606, that The Janszoon voyage of 1605 -06 became the first European expedition to sight Australia, although it is mistaken as a part of New Guinea..
- 404 years ago today, Galileo Galilei is formally banned by the Roman Catholic Church from teaching or defending the view that the earth orbits the sun.
- February 26, 1909, Kinemacolor, the first successful color motion picture process, was first shown to the general public at the Palace Theatre in London.
- Also today in 1919, President Woodrow Wilson signed an act of Congress establishing the Grand Canyon National Park.
- That same date in 1966, was the launch of AS-201, the first flight of the Saturn IB rocket as part of the Apollo program.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- French mathematician and politician, 25th Prime Minister of France, François Arago, born on this date in 1786.
- Benoît Paul Émile Clapeyron, French physicist and engineer was born on that same date in 1799.
- Born February 26, 1802, French author, poet, and playwright Victor Hugo.
- Levi Strauss, German-American fashion designer, founded Levi Strauss & Co. was born on that same date in 1829.
- Born February 26, 1842, French astronomer and author Camille Flammarion.
- John Harvey Kellogg, American surgeon, co-created Corn flakes was born on that same date in 1852.
- Canadian-American businessman, founded the Dow Chemical Company, Herbert Henry Dow was born 154 years ago today.
- Kenneth Edgeworth, the Irish astronomer was born 140 years ago today.
- Italian chemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Giulio Natta, born on this date in 1903.
- Tex Avery, the American animator, producer, and voice actor was born 112 years ago today.
- American actor and singer, Jackie Gleason was born 104 years ago today.
- Tony Randall, American actor, director, and producer was born on that same date in 1920.
- Fats Domino, the American singer-songwriter and pianist was born 92 years ago today.
- Born February 26, 1932, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor Johnny Cash.
- American general, engineer, and astronaut, Susan Helms, was born on this date in 1958.
- Also turning 57 today is American actress, singer, and activist Chase Masterson.
- French mathematician, Nalini Anantharaman is 44 today.
- 28 – Wayne “Your Ad Here” Pittenger – Bethlehem PA
- 29 – Paul Dove a.k.a Eilmer From Malmesbury UK
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for February 26, 2020
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Larry Tesler, creator of copy, cut and paste function, has died – CNN
- (Follow up) – AI discovers antibiotic that kills even highly resistant bacteria | Engadget
- Scientists discover BREATHABLE OXYGEN in a galaxy outside of the Milky Way for the first time – the only problem is it’s 581 million light years away
Shout out to the chat room
Watch us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike Wills|
|Nightgig Studios||Gary Lindros||John Clifford|
|Leon||John Noble||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Jorge Schrauwen|
|Amber Elstad||Harold McKinstry||Amy Bowen||Denise Inglis|
|Stephen Wesche||Dean Jenson||DanDMan Coyer||Encaf1|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
- Walmart employee Charlene Mull’s grumpy face made her North East, Maryland store Facebook famous – The Washington Post
Question of the week
- If you could cancel any current TV show what would it be?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five