Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Voice Mail from Gary
- Facebook question of the week
- Chuck’s answers
- From Fritz
Hello Chuck and Kreg,
thank you for delighting me often with your podcasts on my commute to work!
Since part of it is on the Autobahn with no speed limit, I’ve decided to give you a very special shoutout.
Keep up the brilliant work, and 101 to everyone!
Fritz from Germany – to be precise: Fritz-Ulrich Siewert. I you manage the pronunciation, I won’t be angry 😉
P.S.: The “Beer Fest Polka” was composed by the venerated Henri Mancini. 😉
On This Day In History for December 11, 2019
This is the 345th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 20 days remaining in 2019.
- It was on this date in 1789, that The University of North Carolina is chartered by the North Carolina General Assembly.
- That same date in 1815, The U.S. Senate creates a select committee on finance and a uniform national currency, predecessor of the United States Senate Committee on Finance.
- Also today in 1934, Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous, takes his last drink and enters treatment for the final time.
- 73 years ago today, The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is established.
- December 11, 1968, The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus, featuring the Rolling Stones, Jethro Tull, the Who, Taj Mahal, Marianne Faithfull, and the Dirty Mac with Yoko Ono, is filmed in Wembley, London.
- That same date in 1972, Apollo 17 becomes the sixth and final Apollo mission to land on the Moon.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Scottish physicist, mathematician, and astronomer, David Brewster, born on this date in 1781.
- Hector Berlioz, French composer, conductor, and critic was born on that same date in 1803.
- Kamehameha V of Hawaii was born on that same date in 1830.
- John Labatt, Canadian brewer and businessman was born on that same date in 1838.
- Robert Koch, the German microbiologist and physician, Nobel Prize laureate was born 176 years ago today.
- Born December 11, 1863, American astronomer and academic Annie Jump Cannon.
- Max Born, the German physicist and mathematician, Nobel Prize laureate was born 137 years ago today.
- American farmer and businessman, founded Knott’s Berry Farm, Walter Knott was born 130 years ago today.
- Also born on that same date in 1944, American singer-songwriter, Brenda Lee.
- American bass player, songwriter, and producer, Nikki Sixx, born on this date in 1958.
Listener Birthdays Dec 11-17
- 12 – Deckrd
- 12 – Kevin Burns (Soleblaze)
- 12 – Matt Blocker TheGiant
- 12 – Rob Riehl (suriehl)
- 12 – Pamela Gay from AstronomyCast
- 14 – Michael Spence from Brother Osric’s Scriptorium
- 17 – Jorge Schrauwen
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for December 11, 2019
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Researchers discover new way to split and sum photons with silicon
- Real X-Wings took flight at Disney’s new Star Wars ride grand opening thanks to Boeing
- NASA’s closest Sun probe flyby gave scientists ‘mind-blowing’ results
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike Wills|
|Mega Podtastic||Nightgig Studios||Gary Lindros||John Clifford|
|Leon||John Noble||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Jorge Schrauwen||John Miller Jr.|
|Amber Elstad||Harold McKinstry||Amy Bowen||Denise Inglis|
|Stephen Wesche||Dean Jenson||DanDMan Coyer||Encaf1|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
- Friendly floating robot CIMON-2 headed for International Space Station
- ‘You can’t have Christmas without Star Trek’: Moncton man builds Starship Enterprise Christmas display
Question of the week:
- It’s almost 2020, what futurist thing did you seriously think we’d have by now?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five