Coming up in this episode…
- New Metal
- Something from a long time ago, but from this galaxy
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- QOTW: What do you do what you do?
- Rob: I print t-shirts. I’ve been a printer since I was 11 years old way back in 1982. I was pretty much born to it. I’ve got ink in my blood. Plus the benefits are great. Well, none of the usual benefits, but I don’t have to wear a tie and I get to make custom shirts for myself.
- Scott: I am an Architect because I love herding cats…. after all that is what designing and constructing buildings is really all about. And also because I have not learned how to play D&D for a living!
- John: Computer repair is my thing. I love the problem solving aspect of it.
- Clinton: Because if I didn’t do it, it wouldn’t get done.
- Re: US Visit – I’ve been to the states once, on a road trip through the Midwest.
- Re: Cards – Also you guys usually get different cards! And yeah that was a church.
- Re: My brother’s promotion – Q: So chief of police… is like the highest function or? No idea how it works in the US.
- Re: Dunkirk – Dunkirk is France, very close to the Belgian border
- VM from Tee Morris
On This Day In History for February 1, 2017
This is the 32nd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 333 days remaining in 2017.
- It was on this date in 1893, that Thomas A. Edison finishes construction of the first motion picture studio, the Black Maria in West Orange, New Jersey.
- Also today in 1918, Russia adopts the Gregorian calendar.
- Also on February 1, 1964, The Beatles have their first number one hit in the United States with “I Want to Hold Your Hand”.
- That same date in 2003, Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrated during the reentry of mission STS-107 into the Earth’s atmosphere, killing all seven astronauts aboard.
- February 1, 2013, The Shard, the tallest building in the European Union, is opened to the public.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- German lexicographer, historian, and cryptographer, Johannes Trithemius, born on this date in 1462.
- Born February 1, 1635, German archaeologist and scholar Marquard Gude.
- Jacob Roggeveen, the Dutch explorer was born 358 years ago today.
- French lexicographer and philosopher, Émile Littré was born 216 years ago today.
- American actor, Clark Gable, born on this date in 1901.
- Emilio G. Segrè, Italian-American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate was born on that same date in 1905.
- Welsh actor, director, and screenwriter, Terry Jones, born on this date in 1942.
- 24 – Cynthia Fry
- 25 – Kreg Steppe
- 26 – Will The Computer Guy
- 27 – Mark in Memphis
- 27 – Chip Burkhead from The Scotchcast
- 01 – Matt Baum aka Racer X, Pittsburgh PA
- 01 – Brandon Kirkwold – MN
- 02 – Gary Lindros – aka Gary from Jacksonville
- 02 – Chuck Provenzano aka podlurker aka Chuck’s evil twin
- 02 – Oreo Cookie Monster
- 03 – Euan Campbell McGregor – Scotland, UK
- 07 – Chad W. Smith from Chattanooga, TN
- 07 – Bryon the Big BS in PA, Williamsport PA
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for February 1, 2017
- Hydrogen turned into metal in stunning act of alchemy that could revolutionise technology and spaceflight
- Researchers create first viable hybrid human-pig embryo
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET to see and hear the show raw and unedited. Go to https://www.chuckchat.com/technorama/webcam. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Mike Wills||Steve Therrien||Saturday Morning Media|
|Chris MC||Alexis Duran||Ben Vaughn||Dennis Patnaude|
|Nick St. Gabriel||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman||Leon|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- 7 Lies You Shouldn’t Tell the People Fixing Your Computer
- Cards Against Humanity is Hiring! But There’s Only One Catch…
Question of the week:
- What’s Your Favorite Quote From Science Fiction?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five