Coming up in this episode…
- The latest in wart removal technology
- Scientists find the real Spongebob
- A burger made of… well… listen and find out
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
Introducing the team…
- Shout out to the chat room
- Happy Birthday to:
- 22 – Lance Heath
- 22 – Jack Stevens
- 25 – Mark Sheppard (Wichita, Kansas) Born 1957
- 25 –Jim Guckin from Philadelphia, Pa
- 26 – Patrick Norton
- 26 – Daughter of Will The Computer Guy
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Listen to the audio stream if you happen to be around. If you cannot make it, you can find us on ustream.tv. Search for Technorama.
On This Day in History for June 22, 2011
- It was on this date in 1783 that a poisonous cloud caused by the eruption of the Laki volcano in Iceland reaches Le Havre in France.
- The Soviet Union launches an R-12 missile for the first time today in 1957
- June 22, 1978 is when Charon, a satellite of the dwarf planet Pluto, is discovered by American astronomer James Christy.
- Virgin Atlantic Airways launches with its first flight from London Heathrow Airport just 27 years ago.
- And 8 years ago, the largest hailstone ever recorded falls in Aurora, NebraskaEastman Kodak Company announces that it will discontinue sales of the Kodachrome Color Film, concluding its 74-year run as a photography icon today in 2009.
Happy Birthday goes out on this date to
- British Explorer, George Vancouver who was born on this date in 1757
- Cosmonaut Yuri Artyukhin was born today in 1930
- James Bjorken, the theoretical physicist, is now 77
- Actress Lindsay Wagner, the Bionic Woman from the 70s show of the same name, turns 62.
- Star Trek Voyager’s Tuvok, actor Tim Russ turns 55 today
- And finally, Actor Bruce Campbell turns 53
- From Digital Dan Hook (of the Hook Show)
- Thanks for the birthday greeting.
- For clarification from your last podcast. My brother “ASCII Adam” have similar birthdays. I named my podcast “Hookshow” after my last name to encourage the participation of my family for content.
- Visit the town of snapdeal.com
- Scientists discover the REAL Spongebob Squarepants
- California stops sending out phone books
Hacks & Strange Stories
What the Chuck!
End of Show Stuff
- We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 206-222-CHAT (2428)
- Email: email@example.com
- or on Twitter! @Ctomasi, @Steppek, and @technorama
- Web Site: www.chuckchat.com (forums, swag, webcam, mail lists, links in the show notes, and more)
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micro payment.
- Or a review on the iTunes music store, Podcast Pickle, Podcast Alley, or any one of the many podcast directories.
- Mad Marv for providing the great blog content
- uStream who keeps our modest live streams going on Sunday
- and our Chat room that is provided by thinstack.net
- This show is a member of Friends in Tech. Find out more at FriendsInTech.com
- We’re also affiliated with FarpointMedia.com and all the great podcasts over there. Check them out, we know you’ll find something you’ll enjoy. There are new shows coming on board all the time.
- If you’re getting this show by clicking on the link on the web site, consider subscribing to get the show automatically delivered to you for free. Drop either one of us an email if you would like more information.
- Tell a friend about Technorama and…
- binary high five