Coming up in this episode…
- Ice Aircraft Carrier
- Mr Rogers
- Your Data
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- What’s your first memory?
On This Day In History for March 28, 2018
This is the 87th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 278 days remaining in 2018.
- It was on this date in 1776, that Juan Bautista de Anza finds the site for the Presidio of San Francisco.
- March 28, 1802, Heinrich Wilhelm Matthäus Olbers discovers 2 Pallas, the second asteroid ever to be discovered.
- It was 108 years ago today, that Henri Fabre becomes the first person to fly a seaplane, the Fabre Hydravion, after taking off from a water runway near Martigues, France.
- On March 28, 1933, The Imperial Airways biplane City of Liverpool is believed to be the first airliner lost to sabotage when a passenger sets a fire on board.
- Also on March 28, 1979, A coolant leak at the Three Mile Island’s Unit 2 nuclear reactor outside Harrisburg, Pennsylvania leads to the core overheating and a partial meltdown.
- It was 28 years ago today, that United States President George H. W. Bush posthumously awards Jesse Owens the Congressional Gold Medal.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Italian painter and architect, Raphael, born on this date in 1483.
- Henry Schoolcraft, the American geographer, geologist, and ethnologist was born 225 years ago today.
- Joseph Bazalgette, English architect and engineer, designed the Hammersmith Bridge and Battersea Bridge was born on that same date in 1819.
- Born March 28, 1836, German-American brewer, founded the Pabst Brewing Company Frederick Pabst.
- Ángela Ruiz Robles, Spanish teacher, writer and inventor, pioneer of the electronic book was born on that same date in 1895.
- Born March 28, 1899, American businessman Gussie Busch.
- Harold Agnew, the American physicist and academic was born 97 years ago today.
- Paul C. Donnelly, American scientist and engineer was born on that same date in 1923.
- German-French mathematician and theorist, Alexander Grothendieck was born 90 years ago today.
- American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, Jerome Isaac Friedman, born on this date in 1930.
- Dutch physicist and astronaut, Wubbo Ockels was born 72 years ago today.
- Also born on that same date in 1986, American singer-songwriter, dancer, producer, and actress, Lady Gaga.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for March 28, 2018
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
Hacks & Strange Stories
- T-Rex Catches Fire at Amusement Park Despite the Fact That Real Dinosaurs Were Rarely on Fire
- Pastry Chef Spends Three Days Trying To Make A Gourmet Version Of Cheetos – Geekologie
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
- Britain’s Plan To Build a 2,000 Foot Aircraft Carrier Almost Entirely From Ice – Slashdot
- All 856 Episodes of Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood Return to Twitch for the Show’s 50th Anniversary
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike WIlls|
|Megapodtastic||Nightgig Studios||Gary Lindros||John Clifford|
|Leon||John Noble||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Jorge Schrauwen|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- Tim Berners-Lee Urges Web Users: ‘Care About Your Data’ – Slashdot
- 87-Year-Old Grandma Uses Microsoft Paint In A Way That Would Probably Surprise Even Its Developers | Bored Panda
Question of the week:
- What’s a conspiracy theory do you actually believe?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five