Coming up in this episode…
- Printed Cheese
- And a T-Rex
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
On This Day In History for March 22, 2017
This is the 81st day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 284 days remaining in 2017.
- It was on this date in 1508, that Ferdinand II of Aragon commissions Amerigo Vespucci chief navigator of the Spanish Empire.
- That same date in 1630, The Massachusetts Bay Colony outlaws the possession of cards, dice, and gaming tables.
- 39 years ago today, Karl Wallenda of The Flying Wallendas dies after falling off a tight-rope between two hotels in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- NASA’s Space Shuttle Columbia, is launched from the Kennedy Space Center on its third mission, STS-3 on this date in 1982.
- On March 22, 1993, The Intel Corporation ships the first Pentium chips (80586), featuring a 60MHz clock speed, 100+ MIPS, and a 64 bit data path.
- Also on March 22, 1995, Cosmonaut Valeri Polyakov returns to earth after setting a record of 438 days in space.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Persian astronomer and mathematician, Ulugh Beg, born on this date in 1394.
- Born March 22, 1785, English scientist Adam Sedgwick.
- Chico Marx, American actor was born on that same date in 1887.
- American cartoonist, Bill Holman was born 114 years ago today.
- Born March 22, 1912, American actor Karl Malden.
- Marcel Marceau, the French mime and actor was born 94 years ago today.
- Russian colonel, pilot, and engineer, Yevgeny Ostashev was born 93 years ago today.
- Also born on that same date in 1931, Canadian actor, William Shatner.
- Also turning 86 today is American physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate Burton Richter.
- American mathematician, computer scientist, and author, Rudy Rucker, born on this date in 1946.
- English director and composer, Andrew Lloyd Webber is 69 today.
- Also born on that same date in 1948, American journalist, Wolf Blitzer.
- American actress and producer, Reese Witherspoon is 41 today.
- 22 – Michael Slabodnick
- 23 – Andrew Godo
- 23 – Doug Kaye
- 23 – Steve Riekeberg a.k.a. MissingIntellect of Geek Cred
- 23 – Richard Parkman
- 25 – Nicholas St Gabriel
- 26 – Travis Tomasi
- 26 – Chuck Tomasi
- 26 – Leonard Nimoy
- 26 – Brina Baird in Hampton, VA
- 28 – Dick Balding
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for March 22, 2017
- The internet picked a T. rex as one of the new ‘Monopoly’ tokens
- The UK Just Granted the First License to Commercialize Controversial ‘Three-Parent’ Babies
Hacks & Strange Stories
- The First 3D Printed Cheese Was as Bizarre As You’d Expect
- LEGO-Compatible Tape Lets You Build Gravity-Defying Inception-Style Models | Urbanist
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET to see and hear the show raw and unedited. Go to Facebook and like the Technorama page! Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Mike Wills||Steve Therrien||Saturday Morning Media|
|Chris MC||Alexis Duran||Ben Vaughn||Dennis Patnaude|
|Nick St. Gabriel||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman||Leon|
|John Noble||Brad P from NJ|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
Question of the week:
- What is in your EDC?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five