Coming up in this episode…
- Look, up in the sky, it’s coming straight toward us!
- Start the countdown to the magnetic flip
- Asimov to come out with three more laws of robotics in 2015
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
Introducing the team…
- Shout out to the chat room
- Happy Birthday to:
- 08 – Mark, the Encaffeinated ONE, host of The Weird Show
- 08 – OnTheDrift
- 10 – John Noble from the Island
- 13 – Pippa (London UK)
- 13 – Jennifer Therrien (Canada)
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Join us on the Google+ hangout every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET to see and hear the show raw and unedited. Just circle Technorama Podcast, Kreg, or me and you’ll see the announcement when we join the hangout.
On This Day In History for Nov 7, 2012
- It was on this date in 1492 that the Ensisheim meteorite, the oldest meteorite with a known date of impact, strikes the earth around noon in a wheat field outside the village of Ensisheim, Alsace, France.
- Also on this date in 1665, the London Gazette, the oldest surviving journal, is first published.
- The first air freight shipment (from Dayton, Ohio, to Columbus, Ohio) is undertaken by the Wright Brothers and department store owner Max Moorehouse on November 7, 1910.
- That same date in 1929 – In New York City, the Museum of Modern Art opens to the public.
- 72 years ago today – The original Tacoma Narrows Bridge, in Tacoma, Washington, collapses in a windstorm, a mere four months after the bridge’s completion.
- WXYC, the student radio station of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, provides the world’s first internet radio broadcast on this date in 1994.
- and 16 years ago today NASA launches the Mars Global Surveyor.
Happy Birthday goes out on this day to:
- Polish chemist and physicist, and pioneer in radiation, Marie Curie born on this date in 1867
- also born on this date in 1879, Russian revolutionary Leon Trotsky
- American scientist Philip Morrison was born today in 1915
- American film producer and author G. Edward Griffin celebrates his 81st birthday today
- and finally the actor who played Peter Brady on the Brady Bunch TV show, Christopher Knight, turns 55
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for Nov 7 ,2012
Hacks & Strange Stories
- Man sues wife for being ugly and wins $120,000
- When Pigeons Guided Missiles By Robert T. Gonzalez Pigeons are…
- Remains Of World War II Military Pigeon Ignites Code Mystery
- Movember never would have worked if we still had a beard tax
- Thoughts on the Disney/Lucas deal?
- From Mad Marv:
- In case you were thinking of calling Adam West
What the Kreg!
- Saw Wreck-it-Ralph today
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 206-222-CHAT (2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are also on…
- Twitter at @Ctomasi, @Steppek, and @technorama
- on Facebook at the Technorama Page
- And even Google Plus
- Links are in these show notes and on our website
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micro-payment.
- Or a review on the iTunes music store.
Also Thanks to
- Mad Marv for providing the great blog content
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us in the hangout
- You, for downloading and listening
This show is a member of Friends in Tech. Find out more at FriendsInTech.com
We’re also affiliated with FarpointMedia.com and all the great podcasts over there. Check them out, we know you’ll find something you’ll enjoy. There are new shows coming on board all the time.
If you’re getting this show by clicking on the link on the web site, consider subscribing to get the show automatically delivered to you for free. Drop either one of us an email if you would like more information.
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five