Coming up in this episode…
- A lovely note from Sean Connery
- Some things once were lost, but now are found
- What would happen if you work up and found out you were dead?
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
Introducing the team…
- Shout out to the chat room
- Happy Birthday to:
- June 29 – Martin McKeay (Accch, this is the Big 40!)
- June 30- Alexis Duran (ADdude)
- July 04 – Mike McBride
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Listen to the audio stream if you happen to be around. If you cannot make it, you can find us on ustream.tv. Search for Technorama.
On This Day In History for June 29, 2011
- 1891 that the street railway in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, commences operation.
- First test of Wallace Turnbull‘s controllable pitch propeller happens on this date in 1927
- It was also on June 29, 1928 that the Outerbridge Crossing and Goethals Bridge in Staten Island, New York are both opened.
- Joseph-Armand Bombardier of Canada receives patent for sprocket and track traction system used in snow vehicles today in 1937.
- Today in 1956, The Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1956 is signed, officially creating the United States Interstate Highway System.
- Space Shuttle Atlantis docks with the Russian space station Mir for the first time during mission STS-71 today in 1995
Happy Birthday goes out on this date to:
- Astronomer George Ellery Hale, born today in 1868
- Also born today in 1903, electronics egineer Alan Blumlein
- Greek mathematician Christos Papakyriakopoulos was born today in 1914
- Filmaker legend Ray Harryhausen reaches the ripe old age of 91 today
- American astronaut Charles J. Precourt turns 56
- and finally another American astronaut George Zamka celebrates his 49th today.
And that’s the way it was, on this date in history for June 29, 2011
- Special Report from Bruce Barr
- UrtheCast to stream live HD footage of Earth from ISS, like Stickam for space
Hacks & Strange Stories
- World’s First Hover-bike Unveiled!
- Death by death
- Lego General Manager fooled by his own product
- LEGO Mordor cannot be reached with plastic eagles
What the Chuck!
- Cigarette makers are going to have to put graphic pics on packs showing how dangerous it can be
- What’s next? Cell phones? Alcohol? Baby cribs?
What the Kreg!
- I saw Green Lantern .. meh
- Why your old gadgets look yellowed an how to restore them
- Conan Wastes No Time Lampooning “Final Cut Pro Ex”
- 10 serious medical problems with cute names
End of Show Stuff
- We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 206-222-CHAT (2428)
- Email: email@example.com
- or on Twitter! @Ctomasi, @Steppek, and @technorama
- Web Site: www.chuckchat.com (forums, swag, webcam, mail lists, links in the show notes, and more)
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micro payment.
- Or a review on the iTunes music store, Podcast Pickle, Podcast Alley, or any one of the many podcast directories.
- Thanks to
- Mad Marv for providing the great blog content
- uStream who keeps our modest live streams going on Sunday
- and our Chat room that is provided by thinstack.net
- This show is a member of Friends in Tech. Find out more at FriendsInTech.com
- We’re also affiliated with FarpointMedia.com and all the great podcasts over there. Check them out, we know you’ll find something you’ll enjoy. There are new shows coming on board all the time.
- If you’re getting this show by clicking on the link on the web site, consider subscribing to get the show automatically delivered to you for free. Drop either one of us an email if you would like more information.
- Tell a friend about Technorama and…
- binary high five