Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- If you could get the real answer to any question or mystery in the world, what would you want to know?
On This Day In History for November 6, 2019
This is the 310th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 55 days remaining in 2019.
- It was on this date in 1528, that Shipwrecked Spanish conquistador Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca becomes the first known European to set foot in the area that would become Texas.
- Abraham Lincoln was elected as the 16th President of the United States on this date in 1860.
- It was 150 years ago today, that In New Brunswick, New Jersey, Rutgers College defeats Princeton University (then known as the College of New Jersey), 6 -4, in the first official intercollegiate American football game.
- On November 6, 1935, Edwin Armstrong presents his paper “A Method of Reducing Disturbances in Radio Signaling by a System of Frequency Modulation” to the New York section of the Institute of Radio Engineers.
- That same date in 1944, Plutonium is first produced at the Hanford Atomic Facility and subsequently used in the Fat Man atomic bomb dropped on Nagasaki, Japan.
- It was on this date in 1947, that Meet the Press, the longest running television program in history, makes its debut.
- Also on November 6, 1971, The United States Atomic Energy Commission tests the largest U.S. underground hydrogen bomb, code-named Cannikin, on Amchitka Island in the Aleutians.
- November 6, 1998, The Electric Tilt Train enters service in Queensland, Australia and becomes one of the fastest trains in the country and the fastest narrow gauge train in service.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- English scientist, George Ent, born on this date in 1604.
- Ida Barney, the American astronomer, mathematician, and academic was born 133 years ago today.
- Belgian physicist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate, François Englert, born on this date in 1932.
- Born November 6, 1948, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor Glenn Frey.
- Also turning 61 today is American actor, puppeteer, producer, and screenwriter Trace Beaulieu.
- Russian pilot and former cosmonaut, Nadezhda Kuzhelnaya, born on this date in 1962.
- American actor and director, Peter DeLuise is 53 today.
- 08 – Mark, the Encaffeinated ONE, host of The Weird Show
- 08 – OnTheDrift
- 10 – John Noble from the Island
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 6, 2019
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Astronomers Just Found the First Evidence That ‘Mini Black Holes’ Exist | Live Science
- Man kept getting drunk without drinking. Docs found brewer’s yeast in his guts | Ars Technica
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike Wills|
|Mega Podtastic||Nightgig Studios||Gary Lindros||John Clifford|
|Leon||John Noble||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Jorge Schrauwen||John Miller Jr.|
|Amber Elstad||Harold McKinstry||Amy Bowen||Denise Inglis|
|Stephen Wesche||Dean Jenson||DanDMan Coyer||Encaf1|
If you want to become a patron, visit our Patreon Page. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast
- What Will the Internet Be Like in the Next 50 Years?
- The Internet Archive Is Making Wikipedia More Reliable | WIRED
Question of the week:
- You have the power to rewind time, what’s the first thing you would do?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five