Coming up in this episode…
- Space and Capes!
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
John Miller Jr.
Had someone bring up a story on how the FBI was asking all users with routers to reboot them to help minimize the spread of a botnet. I’ve included the links to two of these stories. I wanted to know your thoughts on these stories. Rebooted mine, figured it couldn’t hurt.
On This Day In History for June 13, 2018
This is the 164th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 201 days remaining in 2018.
- It was on this date in 1514, that Henry Grace à Dieu, at over 1,000 tons the largest warship in the world at this time, built at the new Woolwich Dockyard in England, is dedicated.
- It was also this date in 1525 that Martin Luther married Katharina von Bora, against the celibacy rule decreed by the Roman Catholic Church for priests and nuns.
- It was 244 years ago today, that Rhode Island becomes the first of Britain’s North American colonies to ban the importation of slaves.
- It was also this date in 1805 that Meriwether Lewis and four companions, scouting ahead of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, sight the Great Falls of the Missouri River.
- Aviator Charles Lindbergh receives a ticker tape parade down 5th Avenue in New York City on this date in 1927.
- It was also this date in 1966 that The United States Supreme Court rules in Miranda v. Arizona that the police must inform suspects of their rights before questioning them.
- 41 years ago today, convicted Martin Luther King Jr. assassin James Earl Ray is recaptured after escaping from prison three days before.
- Also today in 1981, at the Trooping the Colour ceremony in London, a teenager, Marcus Sarjeant, fires six blank shots at Queen Elizabeth II.
- It was also this date in 1983 that Pioneer 10 becomes the first man-made object to leave the central Solar System when it passes beyond the orbit of Neptune.
- Also on June 13, 1997, A jury sentences Timothy McVeigh to death for his part in the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing.
- It was 8 years ago today, that A capsule of the Japanese spacecraft Hayabusa, containing particles of the asteroid 25143 Itokawa, returns to Earth.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Italian mathematician, cartographer and astronomer, Giovanni Antonio Magini, born on this date in 1555.
- Willebrord Snell, the Dutch astronomer and mathematician was born 438 years ago today.
- Born June 13, 1595, Czech physician and scientist Jan Marek Marci.
- English physicist and physiologist, Thomas Young was born 245 years ago today.
- Born June 13, 1831, Scottish physicist and mathematician James Clerk Maxwell.
- Willard Harrison Bennett, American physicist and chemist was born on that same date in 1903.
- Russian mathematician and engineer, Iosif Vorovich, born on this date in 1920.
- Also turning 84 today is American computer scientist and engineer Leonard Kleinrock.
- American actor, comedian, and producer, Tim Allen, born on this date in 1953.
- Also turning 56 today is American actress and author Ally Sheedy.
- Russian mathematician, Grigori Perelman is 52 today.
- Also born on that same date in 1981, American actor and producer, Chris Evans.
- American child actress, fashion designer, and businesswoman, Ashley Olsen is 32 today.
- Also born on that same date in 1986, American child actress, fashion designer, and businesswoman, Mary-Kate Olsen.
- 15 – Miss Eliza Sea from Wingin’ It 3D
- 16 – Joe Edmisson
- 16 – Jason from The Angry Geek
- 17 – Digital Dan from the Hook Show
- 18 – Luke (platypuss72) from UK
- 18 – Xianfox from Appleton
- 19 – Steven (sphen603) from Wichita, Kansas
If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for June 13, 2018
- Scientists May Have Discovered a New Fundamental Particle: Sterile Neutrino – Slashdot
- NASA to Extend Juno Jupiter Mission by Three Years
- Americans Think NASA Should Focus On Space Exploration, Pew Research Center Survey Shows
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike Wills|
|Mega Podtastic||Nightgig Studios||Gary Lindros||John Clifford|
|Leon||John Noble||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Jorge Schrauwen||Your Name Here!|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- ‘Stranger Things’ novel will tell the story of Eleven’s mother
- Every Live-Action Superman Ranked From Worst To Best – YouTube
Question of the week:
- What superpower would you NOT want?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Visit our Amazon page for recommended books, toys, and other fun stuff!
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five