Coming up in this episode…
- Famous Robots
- Brain Candy
- Luke Incarnate
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
On This Day In History for December 13, 2017
This is the 347th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 18 days remaining in 2017.
- It was on this date in 1577, that Sir Francis Drake sets sail from Plymouth, England, on his round-the-world voyage.
- It was 89 years ago today, that George Gershwin’s An American in Paris is first performed.
- Also on December 13, 1962, NASA launches Relay 1, the first active repeater communications satellite in orbit.
- Also today in 1972, Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt begin the third and final extra-vehicular activity (EVA) or “Moonwalk” of Apollo 17. To date they are the last humans to set foot on the Moon.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- English chemist and academic, Robert Plot, born on this date in 1640.
- Born December 13, 1662, Italian astronomer and philosopher Francesco Bianchini.
- Franz Aepinus, the German astronomer and philosopher was born 293 years ago today.
- Born December 13, 1780, German chemist, invented the Döbereiner’s lamp Johann Wolfgang Döbereiner.
- Werner von Siemens, German engineer and businessman, founded Siemens was born on that same date in 1816.
- 16th First Lady of the United States, Mary Todd Lincoln was born 199 years ago today.
- Danish feminist, novelist and telegraphist, Mathilde Fibiger, born on this date in 1830.
- Kristian Birkeland, the Norwegian physicist and author was born 150 years ago today.
- American mathematician, Annie Dale Biddle Andrews was born 132 years ago today.
- Born December 13, 1887, Hungarian-American mathematician and academic George Pólya.
- American actor, singer, and dancer, Dick Van Dyke, born on this date in 1925.
- Also turning 88 today is Canadian actor and producer Christopher Plummer.
- Also born on that same date in 1948, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor, Ted Nugent.
- American actor, Jamie Foxx, born on this date in 1967.
- 07 – Peter aka Zzippster from the Zzipp and Co. Podcast, Weymouth, Dorset, UK
- 08 – DanDman
- 08 – Gydian (Michael H.)
- 09 – Steve Kite (BigUnit62)
- 12 – Deckrd
- 12 – Kevin Burns (Soleblaze)
- 12 – Matt Blocker TheGiant
- 12 – Rob Riehl (suriehl)
- 14 – Michael Spence from Brother Osric’s Scriptorium
- 17 – Jorge Schrauwen
- 20 – Phil Burchill 42 this year (2015)! Ten years of listening to Technorama!
- 21 – James Ballard KarakSindru
- 22 – Bo Pace
- 22 – Luke “Chuck’s Stalker” Smith (2000)
- 22 – Jason Pelloni, Tampa, FL
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for December 13, 2017
- Mark Hamill visited a sick child
- One of the Most Famous Movie Robots of All Time Just Sold for $5.4 Million
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike WIlls||Leon|
|John Noble||Amy Bowen||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Kyle Nishioka||Jorge Schrauwen|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- Someone Is Adding Fake Subtitles To Library Books And We’re Rolling From Laughter | Bored Panda
- READY PLAYER ONE – Official Trailer 1 [HD] – YouTube
Kreg and Harrison – Brain Candy Live!
Question of the week:
- If you were in a Virtual (VR) World, and had to pick a Pop-culture figure as your Avatar, what would it be?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five