Coming up in this episode…
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
On This Day In History for November 29, 2017
This is the 333rd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 32 days remaining in 2017
- It was on this date in 1877, that Thomas Edison demonstrates his phonograph for the first time.
- On November 29, 1929, U.S. Admiral Richard E. Byrd leads the first expedition to fly over the South Pole.
- November 29, 1961, Enos, a chimpanzee, is launched into space. The spacecraft orbits the Earth twice and splashes down off the coast of Puerto Rico as part of the Mercury-Atlas 5 mission.
- 45 years ago today, Atari announces the release of Pong, the first commercially successful video game.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- American philosopher and academic, Amos Bronson Alcott, born on this date in 1799.
- Austrian mathematician and physicist, Christian Doppler was born 214 years ago today.
- John Ambrose Fleming, the English physicist and engineer was born 168 years ago today.
- American mathematician and academic, Suzan Rose Benedict, born on this date in 1873.
- Born November 29, 1920, American chemist and academic, developed spandex Joseph Shivers.
- Also turning 97 today is Russian engineer and politician Yegor Ligachyov.
- American horn player and composer, Chuck Mangione is 77 today.
- American comedian, actor, and screenwriter, Garry Shandling was born 68 years ago today.
- 01 – Claudio Miranda (ClaudioM)
- 02 – Ben Fryxell from the MacMania Podcast
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 29, 2017
- Yellowstone Supervolcano May Rumble to Life Faster Than Thought
- Humans vs. Robots: Artificial Intelligence Beats Top Pilot in NASA and Google Drone Race
- Research Says This Required Job Skill Will Trump Emotional Intelligence by the Year 2020 | Inc.com
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
- Why most satellites are destroyed at this one spot on Earth – Business Insider
- Here’s what we had to say about Voyager 1 when it launched 40 years ago | Popular Science
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Avner Braverman||Ben Vaughan||Mike WIlls||Leon|
|John Noble||Amy Bowen||Chris MC||Alexis Duran|
|Saturday Morning Media||Steve Therrien||Kyle Nishioka||Jorge Schrauwen|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast
- Dog Days of Advent are coming! Challenge to podcast a day in December! http://dogdaysofpodcasting.com
- Kreg: Saw Justice League
Question of the week:
- If you lost all you memory which TV show or movie would you rewatch?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five