Coming up in this episode…
- 3D Art
- Space Potatoes
- Star Trek vs Star Wars throwdown
Special Guest: Ben and Keith from TGGeeks
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- What is the strangest thing you’ve seen on the Internet?
- Is this Technorama?
On This Day In History for July 12, 2017
This is the 193rd day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 172 days remaining in 2017.
- It was on this date in 1493, that Hartmann Schedel’s Nuremberg Chronicle, one of the best-documented early printed books, is published..
- July 12, 1543, King Henry VIII of England marries his sixth and last wife, Catherine Parr, at Hampton Court Palace..
- That same date in 1561, Saint Basil’s Cathedral in Moscow is consecrated..
- Also today in 1776, Captain James Cook begins his third voyage..
- It was on this date in 1804, that Former United States Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton dies a day after being shot in a duel..
- July 12, 1962, The Rolling Stones perform their first concert, at London’s Marquee Club..
- That same date in 1971, The Australian Aboriginal Flag is flown for the first time..
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- English civil engineer of the 19th century, Thomas Hawksley, born on this date in 1807. He was particularly associated with water engineering projects.
- Otto Schoetensack, the German paleoanthropologist was born 167 years ago today.
- George Eastman, American entrepreneur, inventor and photographer was born on that same date in 1854.
- Albert Calmette, the French scientist was born 154 years ago today.
- Born July 12, 1863, German physicist specializing in optics Paul Drude.
- Margherita Piazzola Beloch, the Italian mathematician was born 138 years ago today.
- American architect, systems theorist, author, designer, inventor and futurist, Buckminster Fuller was born 122 years ago today.
- American comedian and actor, Milton Berle, born on this date in 1908.
- German engineer, Fritz Leonhardt was born 108 years ago today.
- Willis Lamb, American Physicist was born on that same date in 1913.
- American chemist, Elias James Corey, born on this date in 1928.
- Van Cliburn, American pianist was born on that same date in 1934.
- American actor, comedian, author, producer, musician, activist, Bill Cosby, born on this date in 1937.
- British rock singer, Christine McVie is 74 today.
- American exercise instructor, Richard Simmons, born on this date in 1948.
- Also born on that same date in 1951, actress, Cheryl Ladd.
- Rick Husband, American astronaut was born on that same date in 1957.
- American Businesswomen, Vice President and Managing director of Facebook EMEA, Joanna Shields, Baroness Shields is 55 today.
- 12 – Shadowbird712 of Shadowbird Studios (http://shadowbirdsrandomcrap.blogspot.com/) (Sorry for the cheap plug, y’all)
- 12 – François Pominville nickname: Bookaroo (Year: 11110110001, Canada)
- 13 – Ben Ragunton of TGGeeks
- 18 – Lord Doomicus
- 18 – Nikolai from Dancing With Elephants
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for July 12, 2017
- Mike Pence Touches NASA Equipment Labeled ‘Do Not Touch’, Becomes Instant Meme
- Mars Might Not Be The Potato Utopia We Hoped
Hacks & Strange Stories
- Fly Trapped in a 3D Printed Block Is a 21st Century Fossil
- Archaeologists Unearth ‘Grave of Giants’ in China
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET on Facebook. Go to Join our page and get notified automatically. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Mike Wills||Steve Therrien||Saturday Morning Media|
|Chris MC||Alexis Duran||Ben Vaughn||Dennis Patnaude|
|Nick St. Gabriel||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman||Leon|
|John Noble||Kay Bohmont|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
We Saw Spiderman!
Question of the week:
- What two fictional characters would you pay to see fight?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five