Coming up in this episode…
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Voice mail from ???
- Voice mail from Sir Real
On This Day In History for March 15, 2017
This is the 74th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 291 days remaining in 2017.
- It was on this date in 44 BC, that Julius Caesar, Dictator of the Roman Republic, is stabbed to death by Marcus Junius Brutus, Gaius Cassius Longinus, Decimus Junius Brutus, and several other Roman senators on the Ides of March.
- It was 524 years ago today, that Christopher Columbus returns to Spain after his first trip to the Americas.
- 198 years ago today, French physicist Augustin-Jean Fresnel wins a contest at the Academie des Sciences in Paris by proving that light behaves like a wave. The Fresnel integrals, still used to calculate wave patterns, silence skeptics who had backed the particle theory of Isaac Newton.
- Also on March 15, 1906, Rolls-Royce Limited is incorporated.
- It was on this date in 1941, that Philippine Airlines, the flag carrier of the Philippines takes its first flight between Manila (from Nielson Field) to Baguio City with a Beechcraft Model 18 making the airline the first and oldest commercial airline in Asia operating under its original name.
- It was 32 years ago today, that The first Internet domain name is registered (symbolics.com).
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Greek bishop and saint, Saint Nicholas, born on this date in 270.
- Born March 15, 1821, Austrian physicist and chemist Johann Josef Loschmidt.
- William Mitchell Ramsay, Scottish archaeologist and scholar was born on that same date in 1851.
- German physiologist and physician, Nobel Prize laureate, Emil von Behring, born on this date in 1854.
- Boris Delaunay, Russian mathematician and mountaineer was born on that same date in 1890.
- American trumpet player, bandleader, and actor, Harry James was born 101 years ago today.
- Also born on that same date in 1932, American captain, pilot, and astronaut, Alan Bean.
- Also turning 82 today is American actor Judd Hirsch.
- American actress and dancer, Emily Dunn, born on this date in 1982.
Listeners for March 8-22
- 08 – Ali Zein Yousuf a.k.a. superAL1394
- 08 – BJ Keifer a.k.a bjk
- 11 – Andy Helsby of Absoblogginlutely!
- 11 – Ken Kitzman a.k.a kitzken
- 13 – Johanna Gonzalez a.k.a. MightyJo
- 14 – Pi Day (3/14)
- 16 – Michelle Lopez a.k.a. CntrySigns
- 18 – Gregory Lemon @ GregoryLemon.com
- 19 – JT Shea of The Gigcast and JT Ukes at 40
- 21 – “Krazy Joe” Fiore, MegaPodzilla
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for March 15, 2017
- Death to the Captcha
- Farmers bullied into buying 1700 years worth of ink cartridges
- Scientists store data on a single atom
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET to see and hear the show raw and unedited. Go to http://www.chuckchat.com/technorama/webcam. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Mike Wills||Steve Therrien||Saturday Morning Media|
|Chris MC||Alexis Duran||Ben Vaughn||Dennis Patnaude|
|Nick St. Gabriel||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman||Leon|
|John Noble||Brad P from NJ|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
What the Chuck?!
- Jorge: If you ever need a new segment idea explain “American things to Europeans”
- What’s a class ring?
- How “blocks” work in cities
Question of the week:
- If you had to cosplay as a character for your normal clothes from here on out, who would you go as?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five