Coming up in this episode…
- Low priced space ships
- High priced math book
- Meat pie in space
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Nick St. Gabriel:
I recently got the books for patreon members and sat them aside since I was going “into the office” soon. For most people this means driving across town or something, but for me I live in Florida on the space coast and my office is in Juneau Alaska (I’m a software developer). About 3-4 times a year I go into the office, say “Hello” and do all of that stuff.
I decided this time to take my oldest daughter with me since it had been about 4 years since she has seen the town. She is an avid reader and after I read each one on the way up I let her read them.
Why do you care? Well, as she was reading them I realized this 11 year old girl had just been born as I started listening to your show.
It made me feel a little old, and well, I thought I’d pass the feeling along.
Hopefully, mission accomplished.
On This Day In History for December 21, 2016
This is the 355th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 10 days remaining in 2016.
- It was on this date in 1620, that Plymouth Colony: William Bradford and the Mayflower Pilgrims land on what is now known as Plymouth Rock in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
- Arthur Wynne’s “word-cross”, the first crossword puzzle, is published in the New York World on this date in 1913.
- Also today in 1936, first flight of the Junkers Ju 88 multi-role combat aircraft.
- It was on this date in 1937, that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the world’s first full-length animated feature, premieres at the Carthay Circle Theatre.
- It was 48 years ago today, that Apollo 8 is launched from the Kennedy Space Center, placing its crew on a lunar trajectory for the first visit to another celestial body by humans.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Scottish chemist and academic, Thomas Graham, born on this date in 1805.
- Born December 21, 1868, American chemist and engineer George W. Fuller.
- Estonian mathematician and scholar, Jaan Sarv, born on this date in 1877.
- Adele Goldstine, the American computer programmer was born 96 years ago today.
- Also turning 81 today is American talk show host and producer Phil Donahue.
- American actress, producer, and activist, Jane Fonda, born on this date in 1937.
- Frank Zappa, the American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer was born 76 years ago today.
- American actor and producer, Samuel L. Jackson is 68 today.
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for December 21, 2016
- 21 – James Ballard KarakSindru
- 22 – Bo Pace
- 22 – Luke “Chuck’s Stalker” Smith (2000)
- 22 – Jason Pelloni, Tampa, FL
- 23 – Richard Green
- 24 – MaDBooM
- 25 – Joel Parks (Agrojag-Ama)
- 29 – CMenn
- 31 – Shadowbird’s Mom
- 31 – Mr. Sim (aka Jeremy from Winnipeg)
- Bose launches HEARPHONES with built in smart microphones for ‘superhearing’
- NASA is helping Stephen Hawking get a tiny ship to Alpha Centauri
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET to see and hear the show raw and unedited. Go to http://www.chuckchat.com/technorama/webcam. Join us on the live chat!
- Newton’s book sells at auction – fetches highest price
- The police lineup of 1931
- Digital cameras with floppy drives
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Mike Wills||Steve Therrien||Saturday Morning Media|
|Chris MC||Alexis Duran||Ben Vaughn||Dennis Patnaude|
|Nick St. Gabriel||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman||Leon|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- We wish you a Merry Christmas (in reverse)
- Song: My Nerdiest Things
- What Siri thinks I should get Kreg and Donna for Christmas this year
Question of the week:
- What are your predictions for 2017?
End of Show Stuff
We are taking a few weeks off for the holidays. We’ll talk to you next year!
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are on the Social Interwebs…
- Search for Technorama Podcast on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, etc
- You can help support us:
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or even a review on the iTunes music store.
- Links to the articles and items referenced in the show can be found on our website
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live on Facebook!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five