On this show…
- Robots running amuck!
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- I’m back near Antwerp now, I no longer work at Google. So no need to live in the French speaking part
- Doug Alex:
- Project for Technorama – how to install CP/M on Windows. The first computer my dad got was a CP/M machine. He used to keep a database for the local Baptist Church on it.
On This Day In History for November 30, 2016
This is the 334th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 31 days remaining in 2016.
- It was on this date in 3340 BC, that we find the earliest believed record of an eclipse.
- That same date in 1803, In New Orleans, Spanish representatives officially transfer the Louisiana Territory to a French representative. Just 20 days later, France transfers the same land to the United States as the Louisiana Purchase.
- November 30, 1829, the first Welland Canal opens for a trial run, five years to the day from the ground breaking.
- It was on this date in 1934, that The LNER Class A3 4472 Flying Scotsman becomes the first steam locomotive to be authenticated as reaching 100 mph.
- 34 years ago today, that Michael Jackson’s second solo album, Thriller is released worldwide. It will become the best-selling record album in history.
- Also today in 1999, British Aerospace and Marconi Electronic Systems merge to form BAE Systems, Europe’s largest defense contractor and the fourth largest aerospace firm in the world.
Happy birthday goes out on this date to:
- Spanish captain and explorer, Andrés de Urdaneta, born on this date in 1498.
- Jonathan Swift, the Irish satirist and essayist was born 349 years ago today.
- Polish physician, chemist, and biologist, Jędrzej Śniadecki was born 248 years ago today.
- American businessman and politician, founded the Winchester Repeating Arms Company, Oliver Winchester, born on this date in 1810.
- Also born 181 years ago today is American novelist, humorist, and critic Mark Twain.
- Winston Churchill, the English colonel, journalist, and politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Nobel Prize laureate was born 142 years ago today.
- American actor and singer, Robert Guillaume is 89 today.
- Born November 30, 1929, American television host and producer, founded Dick Clark Productions Dick Clark.
- Dmitri Anosov, Russian mathematician and academic was born on that same date in 1936.
- English director, producer, and production designer, Ridley Scott is 79 today.
- Also turning 71 today is Welsh bass player, songwriter, and producer Roger Glover.
- Born November 30, 1953, American singer and actress June Pointer.
- English singer-songwriter, Billy Idol is 61 today.
- American actor, director, producer and screenwriter, Ben Stiller, born on this date in 1965.
- Also turning 40 today is Italian astronomer Marta Burgay.
Listener birthday calendar:
- 25 – Lane Williams
- 26 – Joanie
- 27 – Brad P. from NJ
- 28 – Ben Sweetser
- 01 – Claudio Miranda (ClaudioM)
- 02 – Ben Fryxell from the MacMania Podcast
- 06 – SuperMoonMan
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for November 30, 2016
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Mars hides a gigantic ice sheet that may help astronauts
- Japan Throws Down the Gauntlet With Plan for World’s Fastest Supercomputer
- NASA wants your ideas for septic problems
Hacks & Strange Stories
- Customized E-Cigarette Explodes In Man’s Pants, Again
- A Man Found An iPhone 4 At The Bottom Of A Lake — And It Still Works
- iPhone 7 vs World’s Strongest Acid – What Will Happen? – YouTube
- ‘Little Chubby’ Robot Goes Rogue In China, Injures One – Geekologie
Shout out to the chat room
What us live every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET to see and hear the show raw and unedited. Go to http://www.chuckchat.com/technorama/webcam. Join us on the live chat!
Thank you Patrons!
This show is brought to you by… YOU! Thank you to our Patrons who enable us to keep the show running and bring you special episodes.
|Kyle Nishioka||Mike Wills||Steve Therrien||Saturday Morning Media|
|Chris MC||Alexis Duran||Ben Vaughn||Dennis Patnaude|
|Nick St. Gabriel||Amy Bowen||Avner Braverman||Leon|
If you want to become a patron, visit https://patreon.com/technoramapodcast. We’ve got various levels of donations and in return we have various patron packages including a special “after show” we record just for the patrons! patreon.com/technoramapodcast.
- Star Trek Metal Style
- Star Wars Rogue One… December 16th!
- Long lost Star Wars Dixie cups
Question of the week:
- What’s on your Christmas wish list this year?
End of Show Stuff
We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 707-530-CHAT(2428)
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR you can find us via the Social Webs.
- On Facebook or Twitter search for Technorama Podcast
- Links are in these show notes and on our website
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment on Patreon!
- Or a review on the iTunes music store.
Also Thanks to
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us to watch live!
- You, for downloading and listening
Tell a friend about Technorama and…
binary high five