Coming up in this episode…
- Tee and Pip
- Death Star Backlash
- Leonard Nimoy’s connection to Star Wars
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
On This Day In History for
February 26, 2014 March 5th, 2014
This is the 57th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar. There are 308 days remaining in 2014.
- It was on this date in 1815 that Napoleon Bonaparte escapes from Elba.
- That same date in 1909 – Kinemacolor, the first successful color motion picture process, is first shown to the general
public at the Palace Theatre in London.
- HMHS Britannic, sister to the RMS Titanic, is launched at Harland & Wolff shipyard in Belfast on this date in
- February 26, 1919 – President Woodrow Wilson signs an act of the U.S. Congress establishing most of the Grand Canyon as a
United States National Park.
- Also today in 1935 – Robert Watson-Watt carries out a demonstration near Daventry which leads directly to the development
of radar in the United Kingdom.
- Finnish observers report the first of many thousands of sightings of ghost rockets today in 1946.
- As part of the Apollo Program: NASA launches an AS-201, the first flight of the Saturn IB rocket 48 years ago today.
- And this is the 21st anniversary of the World Trade Center bombing: In New York City, a truck bomb parked below the North
Tower of the World Trade Center explodes, killing six and injuring over a thousand.
Happy Birthday goes out on this day to:
- French author, poet, and playwright Victor Hugo, born on this date in 1802
- Also born on this date in 1829 – Levi Strauss, German-American fashion designer, founded Levi Strauss & Co.
- American soldier and hunter Buffalo Bill was born today in 1846
- John Harvey Kellogg, American surgeon, and co-creator of Corn flakes was also born on this date in 1852
- Kenneth Edgeworth, Irish astronomer, economist, and engineer was born 134 years ago
- If February 26 is your birthday you also share it with the likes of:
- American animator, producer, and voice actor, Tex Avery
- Actors Jackie Gleason, Mason Adams, and Tony Randall
- Singer-songwriter Fats Domino
- and astronauts Anatoly Filipchenko and Susan J. Helms
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for February 26, 2014
Listener Birthday Calendar
- Feb 28 – Wayne Something Something – Bethlehem PA
- Feb 29 – Paul Dove a.k.a Eilmer From Malmesbury UK
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
Hacks & Strange Stories
Shout out to the chat room
Join us on the Google+ hangout every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET to see and hear the show raw and unedited. Just circle Technorama Podcast, Kreg, or me and you’ll see the announcement when we join the hangout.
- Tee and Pip’s upcoming projects
- Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
- Tee Morris
End of Show Stuff We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 206-222-CHAT (2428)
- Email at email@example.com
- We are also on…
- Twitter at
- on Facebook at the
- And even
- Links are in these show notes and on our website
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment.
- Or a review on the iTunes music store.
Also Thanks to
- Mad Marv for providing the great blog content
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us in the hangout
- You, for downloading and listening
If you’re getting this show by clicking on the link on the website, consider subscribing to get the show automatically delivered to you for free. Drop either one of us an email if you would like more information.
Tell a friend about Technorama and… binary high five