In this episode…
- A message from the future
- A message from the past
- and a message to put on your do not call list
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
- Email from Charles Stell
- VMail from Mark in Memphis
Introducing the team…
- Happy Birthday to:
- 03 – Keao Wright
- 03 – Leon
- 05 – Joe Mieczkowski host of Onthepodcast
- 06 – Amber Pace (not really a listener, but a mother and a wife of listeners)
- 06 – Bill Barbour
- 06 – Steve Bickle
- 08 – Curtis Parish
- 12 – Amanda Huggenkiss
- 14 – JPCJ
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Join us on the Google+ hangout every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET to see and hear the show raw and unedited. Just circle Technorama Podcast, Kreg, or me and you’ll see the announcement when we join the hangout.
On This Day In History for May 9, 2012
- 1874 – The first horse-drawn bus makes its début in the city of Mumbai, traveling two routes.
- 1887 – Buffalo Bill Cody‘s Wild West Show opens in London.
- 1904 – The steam locomotive City of Truro becomes the first steam engine in Europe to exceed 100 mph (160 km/h).
- 1926 – Admiral Richard E. Byrd and Floyd Bennett claim to have flown over the North Pole (later discovery of Byrd’s diary seems to indicate that this did not happen).
- 1960 – The Food and Drug Administration announces it will approve birth control as an additional indication for Searle‘s Enovid, making Enovid the world’s first approved oral contraceptive pill.
Happy Birthday goes out on this day to:
- 1837 – Adam Opel, German engineer and industrialist (d. 1895)
- 1874 – Howard Carter, British archaeologist (d. 1939)
- 1927 – Manfred Eigen, German biophysicist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry
- 1931 – Albert Abraham Michelson, German-born physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (b. 1852)
- 1931 – Vance Brand, American astronaut
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for May 9, 2012
We’ve been nominated for a Parsec!
Hacks & Strange Stories
- It’s now legal to kill bigfoot in Texas!
- Berkeley student automates his dorm room
What the Chuck
- Sky Mall: Rejuvenate your skin with expensive crap
End of Show Stuff
- It has come to my attention
- Plane Crazy Down Under
- Tales from the Archives – Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
- No show next week – Chuck is traveling (again).
- Next show date is June 6
- We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 206-222-CHAT (2428)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or on Twitter! @Ctomasi, @Steppek, and @technorama
- Web Site: www.chuckchat.com (forums, swag, webcam, mail lists, links in the show notes, and more)
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micropayment.
- Or a review on the iTunes music store, Podcast Pickle, Podcast Alley, or any one of the many podcast directories.
- Thanks to
- Mad Marv for providing the great blog content
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us in the hangout
- Join us on Sunday night at 9:30 ET. You must follow Kreg, me, or Technorama Podcast on Google+
- You, for downloading and listening
- This show is a member of Friends in Tech. Find out more at FriendsInTech.com
- We’re also affiliated with FarpointMedia.com and all the great podcasts over there. Check them out, we know you’ll find something you’ll enjoy. There are new shows coming on board all the time.
- Tell a friend about Technorama and…
- binary high five