Coming up in this episode…
- It’s election season and one of our favorites has won
- What ever happened to toys of mass destruction?
- A social network I’ll never be joining – EVER!
Listen below with the audio player or Click Here for complete show notes and video from the show.
Introducing the team…
- Shout out to the hangout
- Happy Birthday to:
- 07 – Ben Maddox a.k.a. CptRootbeer
- 07 – Caleb from Dancing With Elephants
- 08 – Ali Zein Yousuf a.k.a. superAL1394
- 08 – BJ Keifer a.k.a bjk
- 11 – Andy Helsby of Absoblogginlutely!
- 11 – Ken Kitzman a.k.a kitzken
- 13 – Johanna Gonzalez a.k.a. MightyJo
- If you want to get on the Technorama Birthday Calendar, visit our Wiki.
- Join us on the Google+ hangout every Sunday night at 9:30PM ET to see and hear the show raw and unedited. Just circle Technorama Podcast, Kreg, or me and you’ll see the announcement when we join the hangout.
Will Shattuck writes:
Here’s a social engineering hack. A security expert used several social engineering techniques to sneak in to the RSA Security Conference. Kind of ironic, huh? 🙂
On This Day In History for March 7, 2012
- It was on this date in 1876 that Alexander Graham Bell is granted a patent for an invention he calls the telephone.
- The German liner SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse becomes the first ship to send wireless signals to shore today in 1900.
- and it was 100 years ago today that Roald Amundsen announces that his expedition had reached the South Pole nearly 3 months earlier.
- on March 7, 1950, The Soviet Union issues a statement denying that Klaus Fuchs served as a Soviet spy.
- it was today in 1985 that The song “We Are the World” has its international release.
- Divers from the USS Preserver locate the crew cabin of Challenger on the ocean floor 26 years ago today.
- and today in 1994, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that parodies of an original work are generally covered by the doctrine of fair use.
- the Kepler space observatory, designed to discover Earth-like planets orbiting other stars, is launched exactly three years ago today.
Happy Birthday goes out on this day to:
- French physicist Antoine César Becquerel born on this date in 1788
- Also born today in 1792 – John Herschel, the English mathematician and astronomer
- Astrophotography pioneer Henry Draper was born on this date in 1837
- American television broadcaster Willard Scott turns 78 today
- Astronomer Alan Hale turns 54
- and finally actor TJ Thyne turns 37
And that’s the way it was, on this day in history for March 7, 2012
- Bender elected head of school board – REALLY!
- NASA lost a laptop with unencrypted space station codes
- Ralph McQuarrie passes away. Long time concept artist for a TON of Scifi properties
Hacks & Strange Stories
- The flash drive you’ll want to leave home
- Do we really need a cupcake ATM?
- Warp Drives May Come With a Killer Downside
- * Robot Quadrotors Perform James Bond Theme – YouTube
- How much would it cost to rent the TARDIS?
- Rejected Star Wars Toys
- Concept art: Star Wars light saber rolling papers
- * (from Reddit) – I Judged A Science Fair… – Is terminal velocity attainable in Portal 2?
What the Chuck!
End of Show Stuff
- We appreciate your support. If you like the show, there are many ways to show your love:
- Call the Listener Line: 206-222-CHAT (2428)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- or on Twitter! @Ctomasi, @Steppek, and @technorama
- Web Site: www.chuckchat.com (forums, swag, webcam, mail lists, links in the show notes, and more)
- How about a donation to the tip jar: one time or monthly micro payment.
- Or a review on the iTunes music store
- Thanks to
- Mad Marv for providing the great blog content
- Everyone who sent us links during the week
- Those who joined us in the hangout
- You, for downloading and listening
- This show is a member of Friends in Tech. Find out more at FriendsInTech.com
- We’re also affiliated with FarpointMedia.com and all the great podcasts over there. Check them out, we know you’ll find something you’ll enjoy. There are new shows coming on board all the time.
- If you’re getting this show by clicking on the link on the web site, consider subscribing to get the show automatically delivered to you for free. Drop either one of us an email if you would like more information.
- Tell a friend about Technorama and…
- binary high five